• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingiston HyperX3000...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gemini1706

I am thinking of buying this ram.. 512MB for $98.5 shipped from googlegear...

Is this ram good?

They claim it is spec'ed at tight timing:
370MHz settings: 2-3-3-1T (CAS Latency 2)

For the price, and considering I am not gonna go byond FSB=166MHz, you think it is a good deal..?

Cheers...

mine is arriving tommora from googlegear- i ordered sunday- they shipped monday- ups tracking says it is coming tommora (from cali to jersey) i did a lot of hunting ont he forums around and it got good reviews. myself i want it to hit 173mhz fsb. ill post tomorra results

i saw that too but at googlegear (for 98 bucks) it comes with 2 day shipping which if you add to that 89 bucks that ram is at excalibuer is an extra 12 bucks for the shipping if u want 2 day or an extra 8 bucks with ground ( to NJ)

so in the end you save a few bucks at googlegear if u want it quick (i ordered sunday, they shipped monday, it gets from cali to dirty jerze tomorrow)

damn googlegear sounds fast with the shipping. I ordered a volcano 7+ from svc.com and its gonna take a week to get here (ny) :( same with excaliberpc.com, it took a week for my stuff to get here.

but oh well, ups ground is what i selected :eek:

i think ill try and order some stuff from googlegear this weekend

Yeah, I noticed the shipping stuff. Ordered from googlegear anyway since 2nd day shipping is $0.5.

I tried to read through the shipping calculation page of ExCaliberPC, man, it is so confusing.
They want to convince me (through almost a two page article) that free shipping sucks..

Well, it does not suck for me :) . 50cents for 2nd day this is as free :) . At least, I ordred one part. Let those who order 10+ parts do their math and read through all the blah-blah at ExCaliberPC.

-----------------------

So, you guys think this mem is good? Hmm... I heard it can go up to fsb=190MHz easily with real tight timings... Is that true?

Thanks in advance...

hehe. i hear u. i heard googlegear had a good reputation along with newegg. i ordered most of my gear from new egg for this my first rig and they were on the money with curteousness and politeness and promptness.

i went with googlegear cause newegg diddnt have this ram and who the hell can complain about $.5 2 day shipping. it was the real deal. i got a tracking number the next day and voila.- ram at my door in the morning with my coffee :)

idioteQnology, or others using same memory, can you update us on the performance of this RAM..?

How high can you go? with what timings..?

Thanks in avdance...

i can only go at 157 fsb at the most aggressive timings for the hyperx. it isnt the ram its my processor :( i ran it for 2 days at 1.7v 3.1ghz and then tried to go a bit further with it. now it is unstable at anything over 2.82ghz. ran prime95 for 15 hours stable at that speed. stock voltage. stock cooling. i think these cpu's are real sensitive to voltage and you shouldnt go over 1.6 on em.

Well fellas I have got my kingston hyper x pc3000 up to 193 fsb stable in prime, mem test, 3dmark, sandra, and everyday use.

That's great! I just received my stick from googlegear, haven't got chance to test it yet. I paid $98 + $0.5 for shipping.

I believe the hyperx memory really loves voltage. A finish hardware site just did a review on it, and at 3.2v it went up to 249fsb...

dropadrop said:
I believe the hyperx memory really loves voltage. A finish hardware site just did a review on it, and at 3.2v it went up to 249fsb...

was that at cas2? was it pc3000? and could you please post a link to the review, because i can't seem to find a review on the kingston hyper x pc3000. thanks:)

Back