• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mushkin memory doesn't like anything above 199

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aboroth

Registered
Well i have 2 sticks of mushkin pc3000 and it doesn't like anything higher than 199fsb. If i try anything higher than that my memory benchies go down. This is with all the most relaxed timings. Any one want to trade for some corsair xms pc3500:D

Try more Vdimm.:) Also, if you have two sticks in the same system that could very well be limiting your overclock.

RnPgrosz what are your temps with your 2100 rig? Is the watercooling on it or the other one?

I want to say its black. can't really see it since it have the heat spreader on it and i dont want to shut down. Right now i have it at 205mhz but thats with 2.9vdimm

had some of the same ram. best it would do with 2.7v is 210mhz cas 2.5. it was the black pcb with silver heatspreader.

seems to be the typical performance from this ram. remember pc3200 is 200mhz pc3000 is about 190 so it is performing as billed.

Yep vdimm is most likely the answer, especially when you have two modules. Just make sure you have good cooling. I'd say up to 2.9 is safe. I'm running my Crucial at 3v but Micron chips seem to handle voltage well.

Back