• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Old memory needs identification

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-=Mr_B=-

OK, i know its a PC100 Memory, and also that its 128Mb size..
That was the easy part, could read it off the first sticker..

Second sticker says:
LER16U64CL3

LER ? Who made it? an identification thingy perhaps?
16u64? 16 chips u no idea 64 kilobit a chip and 16x64/8= 128 Mb?
CL3 is probobly the memory speed rating or what ever the cl thingys is called,
Now i been guessing all the way.. Anyone know more then i do, and might help me identify it better?

on the chip them self it says:
SD8800M4CL3
PC-100
9834 USA

And, well, the few things im able to guess from that dont need any explaining or thoughts...

Well, thankfull for any ideas, trying to figure out "optimum" bios settings for this old memory i diged up, so i can pair it with something else, and not kill a faster memory with a slow :- )

Take care all!
B!

try doing a search for a program called "ctSPD". This app reads off the info directly from the RAM's SPD module- it will tell you the manufacturer, the speed ratings, the refresh speeds, everything you need.

Overclockers.com has a review of it and a download link somewheres, or you can still find it with a good web search.

But like you said, you already know the important bits- PC100, 128MB, CL3. Nothing else you can find out really matters too much. Heck, even the CL rating doesn't really make much difference in actual speed.

Back