• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

everyday voltage xms3500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

microfire

How much voltage can I get away with everyday with xms3500?
I can't get very far with 2.77v <-- below stock speeds
I am guessing that 2.87v ,will be sort of ok. <--- equal stock speeds
Im wanting to run 2.97v <-- higher than stock
3.06v does not make any difference, may even make the system unstable.

2.97v everyday?

I run my XMS PC3200 at 2.9v to reach 221 MHz. If my motherboard could give more voltage without another mod I'd give over 2.9 just to see how high this ram could go, right now it is my bottleneck on fsb.

I run mine at 2.8. I know the chips Crucial uses tolerate higher vdimm (3.0+) well but I don't know about Corsair. I know that they warranty their sticks up to 2.8 though.

~THT

whooaa! 3.2v all the time. I know that xms3500 and xms3200LL both use the same 5ns winbond chips, they are rated at 2.6v I think the older xms3200 uses different chips or something 6ns, can't remember what kind.
Yeah need to know what they tolerate. If they warrant them to 2.8v it would have to be well within their limits or corsair would have to many modules being rma, also I saw a thread that ramguy said that they wouldn't get to fussed it your voltage was at 2.84v just because your mainboard over volts slightly at 2.8v setting.
Spacemonkey yeah how long you been running, what kind of chips are they, and most importantly what speed and timings are you reaching.

So far, 6 months. I build a new system every year. So I push my stuff. Memory runs at 407mhz, 2-2-2-5. 24/7. Never checked the chips. I forgot how to post pics.

Last edited:
2.95 IS FINE ON RAM. I'M RUNING SAMMY PC2700 @400MHZ WITH V-DIMM 2.95. EVERYDAY. AS LONG AS YOU HAVE GOOD AIR FLOW IN THE CASE THAN IT SHOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM.

Wow, you guys are running some serious voltage to your memory, and here I am running my XMS 3200 at 2.6v at 395MHz. I can even get 421MHz out of it at 2-2-2-5 at that same voltage for about an hour before it flakes out. Not bad for memory rated at 400Mhz. Are you guys not able to get the published speed rating out of your memory at 2.5 or 2.6v?

Blkout said:
Are you guys not able to get the published speed rating out of your memory at 2.5 or 2.6v?

No.
My computer will not boot at 2.57v
At 2.67v I can't make it into windows.

i've got my XMS2700 running at 2.8v and the timings wont go any lower than 2,3,3,6. However I'm pretty much maxed out w/ my FSB. The max on my board is 132 and im running 131. Wish i could get 2,2,2,5.

Back