• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Differences in Brands of Memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ron Brooks

So, from what I've read here I get the impression that there isn't really any difference in the different brands of memory, at least in the 5ns chips.

I'm planning on getting some PC-3500 and am planning on getting Corsair but don't want to waste my money. What's the opinion here ?

Thanks

memory performance is dependent on how companies make their modules & what quality materials they use...memory modules have different capabilities, and brand names tend to use better parts & manufacturing, hence the better performance...i think that if you go with a brand name, you're more likely to get a better performing module. i say go for the corsair.

go with corsair. you can't go wrong. if the ram doesn't run at high clock speeds for any reason corsair will take it back something most wont do. that and corsair runs 215+ bus at agressive timings.

Okay, that was what I thought too. I have 512 stick of Corsair PC-2700 , so I'll just stick with a winner. plan on getting it next week.

Thanks for the quick replys.

Back