• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8RDA+ Thermal Images

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Demont

pretty interesting, it backs up pretty much everything i've seen talked about putting out heat by Elusion etc.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bubo/index.html

i would like some clarification though, i've been asking this since i got my 8rda+..... does the northbridge just not put out much heat or does that stock heatsink and/or thermal interface material just not transfer heat well....

the stock heatsink is does not have a good contact sometime to the NB..... it is always good to remove the thermal pad and put some AS3 and add a fan

BUMP everyone who owns an 8rda/+ should see this.

also, he added images of the back side of the board. proving that the NB does in fact put out lots of heat and its stock heatsink is not making good contact and/or sucks.

after looking at the cat thermail image... I think I am going to put some ram sink on my cat too

maomao_whatsup.jpg

a_choochoo.jpg

Demont said:
yes maybe a copper helmet?

hehe :p

Very cool pics!

I would like to see another shot of the NB after he removes the bubble gum and puts some AS on it.

Back