• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommend me an nforce2!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jeff7477

Ok, I am looking into getting an nforce2 board and would like some imput from people. Here are some things I am looking for.

1. on board LAN
2. CPU mounting holes
3. Something that I can get around 200 fsb on without having to mod.

some people say 8RDA+ is good but beware of the GeForce4 size problem... not a biggie but be ware... and abits are good also... but remember the kinda of FSB isnt gaurenteed but some boards are more likly to hit it than others...

yeah i'm interested in this too. everyone knows the asus is good that's why it's also the most expensive of the lot. i'm wondering about the Epox boards cause they're almost always cheaper and are more barebones.

A friend of mine has an Abit NF7-S (I think thats the model name :p) and he has his 2400+ running at 2.41GHz with a 172MHz FSB. I will let him know about this thread.

2.41Ghz.JPG

You can also wait for the upcoming Epox 8RGA+ which has everything that 8RDA+ offers plus the adjustment of the voltage of the chipset through the bios.

i think all nforce2 boards, or at least most can go into the 190s in fsb, especially the asus, chaintech, epox, and abit, but if you want to reach 200fsb or more, i say spring for an epox of chaintech, more of them reach 200fsb without mods than the other boards

no mods is what you want with 200fsb? i dont think any mobo guarentees that.
my 8dra did 192 fsb out of the box
my a7n8x does 194 fsb out of the box and a bios flash,might do higher but i only had it running 5 hours now.

if i was to do it all over again id try the 1.2 revision nf7 from abit.
the chaintech looks killer also.

i hate 1 big thing about the a7n8x,that is i love running 2.2vcore and this tops out at 1.85v so ill need a vcore mod and also the vdd mod.

me or 2vdd killed my 8rda so im really leary to try a mod on this board until i can afford to buy a replacement.

btw i loved my 8rda once it was modded and running.it will be missed but i think one will reappear soon :D

I like the k7n2-L it seems to have been able to attain a 200mhz fsb in most of the reviews I have read

The NF7 v 1.2 is the only way to go? bios probs? there are no bios probs the board is rock stable.

the new beta bios that was just release allows for 250mhz 1mhz increments

the vdd can go up to 1.7v in bios but can be easily modded

cpu is 2.3v
ram is 3.0v (2.9 in bios but heavily overvolts)

what more could you want for the board? i have a v1.0 and it is rock stable. great board

Things to look for would be adjustable VDD voltage to 2.0V(enough to fry the chipset), VCore of 2.3V, VMem of 3.2V & AGP Voltage to 1.8V plus system that doesn't eat it's own BIOS. All you need after this are a few heat sinks to put everywere.

Back