• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok I am late to the Mod Party :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tomsawyer

Anyway I got the grabbers from www.mouser.com, a resistor from radio hack, and some wire. Got the voltage to 1.85 and began the quest for the holy grail heheh

3 hours later, several reboots, and 2 removals of the cmos battery, I managed to get this beast stable at 212 fsb, 6-4-4-2.5, and 10.5x I know if I bump the voltage I could proably get 220 but what the hades, it still is a decent overclock

Temps where all over the place, even with a vantec iceberg on the northbridge, and a generic heatsink/fan on the south. Never did like seeing my cpu near 39C esp with water cooling so I just got crazy and stuck a 80mm fan over the mos chips. HOLY COW temps on both board and cpu dropped by about 10C!

Now everything is cranking along, cpu is at 33C under load, have not seen any more odd glitches. Can run everything from prime95 to futuremark stable. Dont care about the later though, i have ti4200 which as we all know just chokes on that
:mad:

Tomsawyer said:
Anyway I got the grabbers from www.mouser.com, a resistor from radio hack, and some wire. Got the voltage to 1.85 and began the quest for the holy grail heheh

3 hours later, several reboots, and 2 removals of the cmos battery, I managed to get this beast stable at 212 fsb, 6-4-4-2.5, and 10.5x I know if I bump the voltage I could proably get 220 but what the hades, it still is a decent overclock

Temps where all over the place, even with a vantec iceberg on the northbridge, and a generic heatsink/fan on the south. Never did like seeing my cpu near 39C esp with water cooling so I just got crazy and stuck a 80mm fan over the mos chips. HOLY COW temps on both board and cpu dropped by about 10C!

Now everything is cranking along, cpu is at 33C under load, have not seen any more odd glitches. Can run everything from prime95 to futuremark stable. Dont care about the later though, i have ti4200 which as we all know just chokes on that
:mad:

nice overclock, but that 10 degree difference with just one fan in that area is odd. sounds like you need better case cooling in general. i could be wrong though.

that also happened for me... because the mosfets getting so hot and it really heats up the rounded capacitor near by and also the copper wiring and maybe also heats up the air in the near by cpu socket.

more cooling on the 8rda+ will never go wasted after seeing the thermal image of 8rda+

Back