• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Twinmoss to release pc3700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What DRAM chip is it based on?

The marking said 43B. The PC3200 TwinMOS chip based on windbond has timing marking 5B. Would that be windbond too?

Who is or will be selling these modules?

I should be available over here around the 14th so i might pick up 512 .Im not sure if it is worth an extra €40 over the 3200 with winbound tho.

BabyEater said:
I should be available over here around the 14th so i might pick up 512 .Im not sure if it is worth an extra ?40 over the 3200 with winbound tho.

1. Depends on how high your system bus can go.

2. That extra 40 is over what price for the 5 ns windbond.

2. I always calculate delta_price / delta_performance to justify yes or no.

I am getting an Abit NF7-S 1.2 so i hope to be able to overclock it pretty high .I wouldn't want me RAM holding me back. Its €100 for the 3200 with windound

BabyEater said:
I am getting an Abit NF7-S 1.2 so i hope to be able to overclock it pretty high .I wouldn't want me RAM holding me back. Its ?100 for the 3200 with windound

TwinMOS 3200 w/ TwinMOS chip is around $60 in the US. I don't have a price estimate for the 3700 in the US.

Going from 5 ns to 4.3 ns, the stock frequency is 200 MHz to 232 MHz, roughly a bandwidth increase of 16% for a price increase of 40%.

So you have to assume the ABIT NF7-S can go at least to 232 MHz to benefit from the PC3700. Or to 250 MHz (25% increase) to get close to break even the 40% price increase.

Does the ABIT NF7-S allow you to adjust the NorthBridge chipset voltage, which is the key to go higher on the fsb/memory frequency?

hitechjb1 said:

TwinMOS 3200 w/ TwinMOS chip is around $60 in the US. I don't have a price estimate for the 3700 in the US.

Going from 5 ns to 4.3 ns, the stock frequency is 200 MHz to 232 MHz, roughly a bandwidth increase of 16% for a price increase of 40%.

So you have to assume the ABIT NF7-S can go at least to 232 MHz to benefit from the PC3700. Or to 250 MHz (25% increase) to get close to break even the 40% price increase.

Does the ABIT NF7-S allow you to adjust the NorthBridge chipset voltage, which is the key to go higher on the fsb/memory frequency?

The Twin Mos with the Twin Mos chips as good as the ones with the WinBond chips??

On the 3200??

Dave65 said:

The Twin Mos with the Twin Mos chips as good as the ones with the WinBond chips??

On the 3200??

According to MemoryX who sells 256 MB TwinMOS w/ TwinMOS chips:
"This module uses Winbond chips which have been re-labled as Twinmos brand. We can sell this module at a lower cost than the Twinmos module with Winbond markings. Function and quality are equal."

My TwinMOS 256MBx2 w/ TwinMOS chips can run 205-210 MHz 6-3-3-2 stable which is pretty good for the money (<$60/stick).

IMHO, I rather buy less expensive module using good DRAM chips (and PCB) than premium module with sorted, overclocked chips. E.g. for 6 ns chips (PC2700), Sammy is good. For 5ns chips (PC3200), Windbond is good. For 4.5/4.3ns chips, ????

hitechjb1 said:

According to MemoryX who sells 256 MB TwinMOS w/ TwinMOS chips:
"This module uses Winbond chips which have been re-labled as Twinmos brand. We can sell this module at a lower cost than the Twinmos module with Winbond markings. Function and quality are equal."

My TwinMOS 256MBx2 w/ TwinMOS chips can run 205-210 MHz 6-3-3-2 stable which is pretty good for the money (<$60/stick).

IMHO, I rather buy less expensive module using good DRAM chips (and PCB) than premium module with sorted, overclocked chips. E.g. for 6 ns chips (PC2700), Sammy is good. For 5ns chips (PC3200), Windbond is good. For 4.5/4.3ns chips, ????

I Got some with the WinBond chips that are great,and I just purchased 2X256 with the TwinMos chips.Are these 5ns or 6?

Mine is labelled 5D on the chip. So I think it is 5 ns chips. I aviod modules using overclocked DRAM chips.

Mine had 5D on them also,I do know they ROCK.

A friend of mine just got the TwinMos chips and they do great also,he has them running 205 FSB.So I am definately looking forward to the cheaper priced TwinMos chips..

Dave65 said:
Mine had 5D on them also,I do know they ROCK.

A friend of mine just got the TwinMos chips and they do great also,he has them running 205 FSB.So I am definately looking forward to the cheaper priced TwinMos chips..

You said yours is 5D. Is it on windbond chip (w/ windbond label) or twinmos chip?

hitechjb1 said:

You said yours is 5D. Is it on windbond chip (w/ windbond label) or twinmos chip?
Not sure whats on my Winbond chips,id have to pull one to see,but my friends has 5D-4 on them.
My TwinMos chip memory should be here monday.

Back