• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X Video Card Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Raine

Registered
I was just putting together my new rig and it looks like this.

T-bred 2100+ ..0249
A7N8X
512MB XMS 3200 DDR
Maxtor 60gb ATA 133 HDD
Hercules FotisimoIII sound card
Linksys nic
On a Koolance water cooler (with a Danger den water block)
Enermax 431w PS

anyway after i bolted it together i get an incorrect video card light from the motherboard. I am currently trying to run the machine on a geforce3 DDR (original one made before all the ti 200...500.stuff came out). I had intended to wait for the new R350/geforce FX release to get the new video card. i noticed some suff in the manuel stating that i needed a 1.5 volt agp card for this board because i can't run the 3.3volt stuff. Is my card to old. I guess i am looking for a definition of what i can run on this board. I already did all the normal trouble shooting stuff.
Clear cmos
reseat all cards
check all power connections
put the ram in all the diff slots

Thanks for any help you guys can give

Is there anyone running an older geforce card on the A7N8X,If so what card.

I know that 8X agp is only backward compatible to 4x agp. I'm not familiar with your video card, but if it is trying to run slower than 4x it won't work on the A7N8X.

Well I tried like three diff vid cards ( radeon 9500--geforce3 ti-200--geforce3 original before the ti 200 500 stuff). two diff sticks of ram ( xms 3200ddr 512mb--ddr 2100 512mb value ram). Two diff CPUs ( t-bred 2100+ ....0249--t-bird 1900+). Cleared the CMOS stood on my head and still not even a post. DOA??
Sending the board back to newegg ( RMA ). At least the new video cards should be out by the time i get this thing built lol. thanks for the advice i'll post some numbers as soon as this rig comes to life

When i got mine, it took about 2 hours to get a post out of it. I thought mine was DOA also.
I took and tried the ram in all different slots. About 5 times in each trying to boot after each one. Finally posted after putting a single simm in #3 slot. And clearing cmos after reseating ram every time. It finally took....Ya just have to fiddle with it, till ya can't take it no more..

Back