• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thinking about the NF7... Hearing good things...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vedder323

Well guy's, I am thinking about jumping the fence and going for an ABIT board. I have read a number of posts that clearly state the chances of 220 with the v1.2 NF7 are right out of the box. No modding required... Anyhow, lemme know what you think. BTW, any sarcasm will get you nothing more than the same in return... Im just thinking about the switch, I havent done it yet.

The rev 1.2 got 4 mounting holes but it got many tiny capacitor around it... which is not good for water cooling people.

However, it support 1.7v VDD and 2.2v Vcore which is a big PLUS feature and also it got more features like RAID and SATA. The universal problem for all NForce2 like weak bios and also hot SB/NB still troubles NS7 as well.

What is bugging your mind about 8rda+?

Well... NO MATTER what I do, I can't run stable above 203-208. I refuse to take a soldering gun to it either. It just seems wierd that we have to run our chips so hot when people are saying 200 is no prob with the NF7, at DEFAULT voltage... That is BADA$$. So... either they are liars, or its a better board for overclocking.

NF7 bios can adjust VDD up to 1.70v. I don't think they lie to ya. However, running at 200mhz FSB at default VDD is possible because I was able to run 210mhz FSB with default VDD, and after vdd mod, I am able to run at 233mhz fsb now (twinmos ddr w/ twinmos chip but at 7-3-3-2.0)

good psu... good cooling and good ddr is essential to get high FSB. give vdd mod a try... use the smd grabber that does not require soldering.

maybe I should before I make the jump. I have everything else covered... good psu, etc etc...

hmmmm RMA? dun ya have to pay re-stocking fee? and your 8rda+ perform up to 204mhz FSB which definately more than it suppose to do.

Total Amount Refunded: $90.1(This is an estimate only, additional
deduction will be made for incomplete return.)

Back