• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rda+ How many fans???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Procharger

Got a newby question. I've got my 8rda+ due for delivery any day, Volcano 8 (mistake maybe???), and other parts on the way. I do have a Sparkle 400W and cheap 217P Raidmax case already here.

I want to ventilate this motherboard really well but from what I read it only has 3 slots for fans.

My question is how or if possible how do I get more fans to work with this motherboard?

Does the power supply support any?

Last edited:
I use digital doc 5 which let me have 8 fan connect (actually 7... one is taken by dd5 itself) 8rda+ really gets hot... you might want even put fan on the SB too.

It's their a more budget minded way? I may go with the dd5 but it's a bit way out of my planned budget but so was everything else so far :D.

hmmm... on the long run... getting dd5 or nexus from vantec (see above flash banner ad) is a good investment. You can always get alot of ps cable splitter and also 4pin to 3pin adpators and connect your fan directly to the psu.

fans

Yeah, fans are either 3 pin (mobo) or 4 pin (molex). Get fans with 4 pin connectors and daisy-chain them together, or get 3 to 4 pin converters.

Re: fans

Arkaine23 said:
Yeah, fans are either 3 pin (mobo) or 4 pin (molex). Get fans with 4 pin connectors and daisy-chain them together, or get 3 to 4 pin converters.

Are the 3 pin on my motherboard? What is a molex. Can you explain a little more on from what I would use the 3 pin and 4 pin connectors from.

Sorry about the newby question but this'll be my complete build up of a computer though I've done some in classes but never messed with the processors and fans too much.

The Mobo has 2 connectors for case fans and a third connector for CPU fan. These are the smaller plugs that allow for RPM monitoring.

To use more than that, you will need either fans with the large connectors (just like HD or CDROM power connectors..."molex"), or get adapters.

Back