• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Difference between a7v8x and a7n8x?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
same thing happened with mme basically after i upgraded up from my old gigabyte. I loved the nforce much better than the via... looks like nvidia can do something right after all :D

as far as i know, the KT400's run 1/5th dividors...often you will see people like Soyo saying that their boards have the 1/6th dividers, because Via said that some people may be able to incorporate 1/6th but they officially dont support it. Well, after testing it, the Soyo does not have 1/6. I also believe that the only way the Soyo can support DDR333 is for it to run a 1/5th dividor, otherwise they will be overclocking their customer's pci and agp stuff.

That is what is so nice about the nForce2 boards...that you can isolate the AGP and PCI frequencies. (for those out there who cant figure out how that is done, in the bios, where it lets you select the AGP speed, set it to 66MHz, and it will not only lock that, but will lock the PCI at 33...idk y they never mentioned that setting the AGP also locks the PCI, but, whatever...)

thanx a lot..........ive been lookin everywhere on the net n this is the 1st time ive been able 2 find out that my board actually has a 1/5 divider (even sent an email 2 asus.......havent heard nething back yet:( :D

Back