• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Front blowhole question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

peek

Registered
What do people use in the front blowhole like this.Is it pvc pipe or something? 433_1.jpg

That looks like a mod I saw once where someone took a large kitchen funnel ($.50) and cut it down so that at its narrowest point it fit the fan perfectly. That looks like another funnel, this time painted gold.

Did the same mod. Properly painted it looks really great. You can even go with smaller funnels, because it doesn't really make a mentionable difference in airflow. I picked up 1 3-pack of funnels in an auto parts store for the job.

I'll be going to the auto store and get some funnels and some spray paint, BTW I'm going to be using a 120mm fan.

some people are using "base box tuning tubes" you might beable to get them from a auto-stereo store, on mine i just used a piece of 4 inch pvc, that i cut to the right size, and since i jb-welded it on and then smothed it out with a dremile before the paint went on it looks like it is all one piece. ;D

I thought about using the tuning tubes but I rather got to the dollar store and buy a funnel.

if it is cheap and it works, i am all for it, i had the pipe and jb-weld so my setup was free, and you cant beat that :D

Back