• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tell me you opinion about my options of new RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mictlan

Senior OC BOINC User
I'm in the process to buy new RAM for my system. AS I'll want to keep it in the even I migrate to a PIV system. I want a 512 MB of Mushkin RAM, but wanted to check the stick I'll buy.

I'm thinking of the following:

Mushkin Black stick. CAS 2-2-2 PC 2700
Mushkin Black stick. CAS 2.5-4-4 PC 3200
Mushkin Blue stick, CAS 2.5-4-4 PC 3200

Tell me what you think about it.

i just bought a 512mb blue 2.5-4-4, it's great, i'm running at 200fsb right now, i emailed them, it's really 2.5-4-4-6, they say you can get away with 2-3-3-7, i tried 2-3-3-6 but had to reset the bios, but i just got it a few days ago, probably needs some burning in - yes burning in ram works - however on their forums, the admins say they will come out with 2-2-2 pc3200s soon, so hold out if you can, by the way use the code SPRINGDDR for a 10% discount

their admins also say the boards of their blue and black lines are comporable, it's just that the black has higher quality chips, but the green line is made with worse chips and worse boards - talking about the pcbs i think

i'm not sure, but they said soon

the response in their forum is slow, takes almost a day for the admin to respond! unlike here...

i found the code at techbargains.com and also at hot-deals.org, i couldn't find the expiration date, they also sent me a card with that information on it but i threw it out :eek: , i think it's sometime in march 2003, not sure...or was it may...

i just read more about the 2-2-2 3200s, they say at the end of the week or next week!

:D

If this is sometime in mid March then I can wait for it....let us see how much do they raise the price of the 222 PC3200 and then I'll decide.

yeah, mushkin is definitely worth the wait, i think i read somewhere (can't remember where) that mushkin makes the absolute best pcbs or at least one of the best, i think the review actually used the word perfect :)

Back