• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have the low end mushkin ram and was wonderen.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

treepop

......if I changed the fsb to 175 and my multiplier to 12 would this be ok for a 512 stick of mushkin 2700 ram.....I would have a 1:1 ratio so my ram would also be runnen at 175..I thnk...I am still kinda new....also if I do this would my ram get damaged?
thanks for the reasponse!:)

I have two sticks of that mushkin basic pc2700 on an epox8rda+ running at 181 fsb and a 12 multi. No trouble at all with it, might even go higher. Won't boot at 190fsb, but then again, I'm running lower timings instead of the upping the almighty fsb ;)

is that better then upen the fsb..and how exactly did you(like which settings under advance chip settings or where? did you change) and what setting did you change your timings to?
I too have 2 512 sticks of mushkin basic 2700ddr ram
thanks for the iput :)

It depends on your system. For some people, tighter timings are more beneficial than a few MHz. The only way to tell is try it one way, bench it, then try it the other way and bench it.

~THT

aight thanks...and also was what your where saying to tighten was the setting in the advance chip settings like latency etc....if I set all those to like say 1 what would happen??

I would try changing them one at a time so if it doesn't post, or crashes in windows, you will know exactly what you just changed and can change it back and try changing the next setting.

i have a single stick of mushkin pc2700 , 256mb, and i need more ram, but it's tough to find ram that runs out of specs like this does. i can run it at cas2, up to 192fsb, ans everything aggressive, except command which i set to 2T, instead of 1T.

i have had this ram to 205fsb, at cas2.5, and relaxed timings.

i believe that running at cas2, 192fsb, is more stable and smoother than running at cas 2.5, @ 200fsb.

either way, this ram rocks for pc2700. i have also tried vdimm's to 3 vdimm, and i get nothing better than setting it to 2.85 vdimm.;)

Back