• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TwinMOS PC2700 512MB CL2.5 @175MHz likely to work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Roger24

I have a generic stick with Samsung PC2700 atm, which runs stable at 5/4 the CPU speed (thus 175MHz) at CL2 (haven't tried lowering the other settings) at the default voltage.
I really need more memory for BF1942, and I saw a webshop that has a really good price on TwinMOS PC2700 and was wondering if I could still be able to run it at 175MHz together with the Samsung stick if I want.
I don't need it to go any higher than that, since it has no 1/6 divider, I don't want higher than 35MHz PCI to keep my HD safe.
I plan to keep this MB for a while and get a Barton once they fall in price, and getting watercooling too. This Mainboard has the option of setting the DIMM voltage all the way up to 3.2V if needed, but I'd prefer not to submit my RAM to that kind of torture, I just need some more RAM to keep me going and make games smoother (especially BF1942).

Back