• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I was wonderen about kingston and muskin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

treepop

it looks as though from the poll that mushkin and kingston are preaty close competitors.....my question is....I got 2 512 sticks of 2700ddr basic green sticks from fry's for I think 89$ a piece plus an aditional 20$ mail in reabte which brought them to 69$ a pop and I was wonderen if it would be wise to swap these out for 2 kingston 512 2700 ram sticks from fry's at 99$ a popo with no mail in rebate...truth is I think I will get the 20$ no matter what so cost is not an issue..but wiht my k7n2G-iLsr it doesn't seem to allow me to do anything graphicaly intensive I get graphical glitches al over the place then my computer reboots....I was told this could be a ram isssue....I was wondering if swappen for the kingston would be a mistake.....???

Mushkin is good stuff, lifetime warranty, etc. Run a memory test program like Memtest and see what shows up. Geez... a 512 stick of Mushkin green for $70 net, that's not too bad...

mushkin is top of the line, but their green line is weak - they just slap parts together for it unlike their other stuff, but it has a lifetime warranty, so it should be about the same as kingstons value ram

treepop said:
it looks as though from the poll that mushkin and kingston are preaty close competitors.....my question is....I got 2 512 sticks of 2700ddr basic green sticks from fry's for I think 89$ a piece plus an aditional 20$ mail in reabte which brought them to 69$ a pop and I was wonderen if it would be wise to swap these out for 2 kingston 512 2700 ram sticks from fry's at 99$ a popo with no mail in rebate...truth is I think I will get the 20$ no matter what so cost is not an issue..but wiht my k7n2G-iLsr it doesn't seem to allow me to do anything graphicaly intensive I get graphical glitches al over the place then my computer reboots....I was told this could be a ram isssue....I was wondering if swappen for the kingston would be a mistake.....???

Truth is, you probably won't get the 20$ no matter what, and they probably won't take the Muskin back unless it still has the UPC barcodes on the packages.
There are worse predicaments to be stuck in. I'd keep the Muskin.

ya i would keep the mushkin, ive hade really bad luck with kingston in the pats in the past , no idea about there new products.

No, because without the stickers you will not be able to return them if you ever have a warranty claim. A lot of these memsticks will say right on the sticker "warranty void if removed".

Back