• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is Samsung DDR 2700 512MB any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you looking for some good cheap ram go for it :D
Mine goes to 200 fsb @7-3-3-2.5/2.63v.

i have kingston 512 mb pc 2700 ddr and it has the samsung chips on it and at stock its ok but its picky other wise

If you get a 512 stick of original samsung you can make it to 200+ fsb, albeit with relaxed timings. My ram reached 220 but I need more vdd to keep it stable.

If I had to pick samsungs or crucials stick of pc2700 I'd go with the samsung. I had a stick of crucials that only did around 173 fsb and thats no good unless you want to go stock.

Nah I wouldn't go for 3200 sticks, they aren't as good as the 2700 ones, at least that's what i've read.

I got 2x 256Mb samsung pc 2700 sticks, they do 213Mhz @ 5-3-3-2.5/2.56v. Anything above this speed gives me AGP-tearing.

id go with teh Samsung... since you dotnahve a PCI lock i dont thinkg you will be getting massive FSB and you MIGHt get held back by your ram but it is likly that your PCI bus will get too far ourt of spec first... so id save soem money and get Samsung... what i SHOULD have done when i got my RAM:rolleyes:

Back