• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory errors,need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dave65

I have a new Soltek SL-75FRN NFORCE 2,and I have some new TwinMos memory,well I did a memory test using mem test 86 and I had done this one stick at a time,and the first stick ran 43 passes with 1 error,and the second only did 16 passes and locked up.
But on my EPOX 8K3A+ same memory and I got no errors ever.Can someone explain this to me,should I RMA the SOLTEK board or the memory or both,but it works great in the EPOX and breaks all the scores that when using Corsair XMS 3200..
On the SOLTEK board my mem scores seems low also..

Any info would be helpful ...Thanks

linlibj said:
Are you sure all the mem setting are exactly the same with two MB?

As close as I could.

Also the TwinMos on the EPOX will hit 205 easy FSB but it struggles on the SOLTEK.

or maybe check the ram un overclockerd, to make sure its actually working before u test it at extreme speeds like 205 lol....maybe u need to backit off a little cuz the boards are not exactly the same, jutst make syre the ram is good

I tested the ram @ default levels 11.5X133 for my 1800 Tbred.

And set ram timings @ 7-3-3-2.5 as per some reviews I read..

If the ram runs ok on another board then its the Soltek thats got the problem. Otherwise try using a different brand of memory on the soltek and test again.

Gremlin255 said:
If the ram runs ok on another board then its the Soltek thats got the problem. Otherwise try using a different brand of memory on the soltek and test again.

Originaly I started out with Corsair XMS PC 3200,and it didn't fair any better,but I didn't do any test on the Corsair,but the Corsair didn't hold a candle to the TwinMos in the EPOX board.SO I am definately going to RMA the Corsair,and I believe the Soltek also:(

I hate that,I don't like to wait;)

Back