• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair and Mushkin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Renigade

Im gonna make the plunge to buy new computer parts within the next week or two. Someone swore by Mushkin and I also found the thread where the "SPRINGDDR" coupon gives you 10% off. I was inclined towards Corsair. I cant decide between these two.

http://www.googlegear.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80097-13

http://www.mushkin.com/cgi-bin/Mush...d0633fd96273fc0a80103063d/Product/View/990930

My beef is that the Mushkin is rated 2.5-4-4 and the Corsair is rated 2-2-2-6. The $20 difference is nothing to me, I am wondering which would be better for OCing. I am planning to run my FSB at 160-200 (160 on air and 200 when I get my refrigeration =D).

I personally would go with Corsair . I can only tell you from my own experiance with with the XMS3200 and now my XMS3500 , BOTH will run over 200 with NO problems (and STABLE) .
My XMS3200 hit 225+ (1X512)
My XMS3500 will do that and more . (this with 2X512 ; abit harder to do with two sticks as apposed to one)
So far VERY happy with the Corsair .

As for Mushkin, have not tried them in a long while , so I can not give you an honest critique of them lately .
My .02 ;) :D

I have 2-256meg sticks of each, Corsair XMS PC3200 an Mushkin PC3200. The Mushkin is good ram but it can not even compete with the Corsair for high fsb at cas2 or tight timing. Buy the corsair.

Corsair got my vote. Haven't dealt with Mushkin since way back when people where still dealing with PC133 SDRAM, but from the specs and from other peoples testimony Corsair XMS memory looks to be the better of the two. Just make sure to get the XMS memory not the regular Corsair memory. I plan on getting a pair of XMSes myself.

My corsair xms pc3200 can run as high as 221. I would highly recommend Corsair, especially with ram prices the way they are right now.

Back