• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XMS Corsair 512 PC3500 HELP!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rotary-Motion

hi guys!

ok i really need help on this mobo the a7v8x...

Problems found so far!

1, Since i put bios 1011 in i CANNOT change AGP capability between 1x 2x 4x 8x mode its greyed out now?

2, keyboard wont power up my computer on bios 1010 and 1011 it shipped with 1010 bios?

all computer parts the same! except mobo and cpu and ram!
and on last mobo A7V333 it powered up?

3, Memory frequency settings! i have 133, 266, 333, 400 now from changing from 266 to 333 i get a 1000 odd pionts in 3dmarkse01 when i change to 400 cos i have XMS corsair 512 PC3500 it only scores the same as 266 not even 333 speed?

4, I cant get speech post reporter to speek? do i need to load mobo sound drivers? i am on my audigy card at present with sound onboard off in bios!
I get post beeps through small case speaker fine!?

can anyone with this board give me a few pionters?

all the best regards

HELP!

Are there any other issues you guys know of, please let me know!

hi

yes totally new clean HD load up!

i have found a jumper to enable power up on keyboard! but thats it!

do you think i would need a cpu of 333mhx for ram to run at 400mhx???

CPUZ does not see it when set to 400 only 333??? and when set to 400 it only runs at 266mhz as tested results in 3dmarkse2001

still not got speech working?

at 266 i get 10,100

at 333 i get 11,300

at 400 i get 10,100

only 333 does anything higher?

thank you by the way!

If all this started when you changed the BIOS, it sounds to me that you either flashed the wrong BIOS or something was wrong with it, just change back to the old BIOS.

hi

no its all been the same except this!

i had the chioce of AGP X settings on bios 1010 and in 1011 its greyed out?

all the rest is the same? except i have found a jumper for enable on power up on key board! so thas sorted!

but the main worry is this not showing 400mhx only running at 266 or 333 is fine?

thank you for the help!

cheers

Its a long shot, but ...

Its says in the manual for that board, only one DIMM slot supports 400mhz. Not sure which one the ONE is, but it may be possible you are not putting your chip in that slot and it kicks back to 266.

1) Not to insult, but have you hooked up the generic computer speaker? If not, check the BIOS for enable a)POST Speech b)snd card speaker or generic, my P4S533 was like that. I think it's set to generic spker by default.

2)How much juice ya got going to the memory? I've got 2.77 to mine, and will probably need more when the time comes, but I'm not sure on the max voltage for our memory.

hi

thx for that you promted me to try pulling the in case speaker wire out and yes hey presto! the bit*h talks to me!

thx.

Ok on the ram volts its just set to auto? what ever that is?

this ram supposed to be aggresive timing from default isnt it???????

i think i read its bank 1 for 400mhx? but this ram is 414mhx please correct me if i'm wrong?

now to try and diable onboard sound (thats where it talks from at present!) and see if all will transfer to me audigy card?

thx all

ITS JUST THIS RAM TIMMING now! oh yes i will have 400mhz!

tell me is not the chip cpu is it? surely i should be able to get 400?

or do i have to up the frontside bus to acknowledge the 400??

HELP!

Tw00sh said:
Its a long shot, but ...

Its says in the manual for that board, only one DIMM slot supports 400mhz. Not sure which one the ONE is, but it may be possible you are not putting your chip in that slot and it kicks back to 266.

Your motherboard has no idea what type of memory your using. The only thing motherboard can do is identify the memory timings by SPD. It does not matter what speed memory you use as long as its not slower than what your CPU supports.

Rotary-Motion said:
hi

thx for that you promted me to try pulling the in case speaker wire out and yes hey presto! the bit*h talks to me!

thx.

Ok on the ram volts its just set to auto? what ever that is?

this ram supposed to be aggresive timing from default isnt it???????

i think i read its bank 1 for 400mhx? but this ram is 414mhx please correct me if i'm wrong?

now to try and diable onboard sound (thats where it talks from at present!) and see if all will transfer to me audigy card?

thx all

ITS JUST THIS RAM TIMMING now! oh yes i will have 400mhz!

tell me is not the chip cpu is it? surely i should be able to get 400?

or do i have to up the frontside bus to acknowledge the 400??

HELP!

Ok, you lost me. I have no idea what your asking.

hi

ok, sorry about that i will explain!

Ok, i can set 266 and 333 in bios and get nice readings on 3dmark! as soon as i set 400 it like its only 266 speed?

and is not reckonised in CPUZ either?

am i doing something wrong?

HELP!

Rotary-Motion said:
hi

ok, sorry about that i will explain!

Ok, i can set 266 and 333 in bios and get nice readings on 3dmark! as soon as i set 400 it like its only 266 speed?

and is not reckonised in CPUZ either?

am i doing something wrong?

HELP!

I think I'm following you now, you say that you have an option to set your memory at 266,333, and 400 and when its set to 400 your performance is no better than 266 and your CPU is not being recognized. Is that right?

hi

yes thats it, so when i set to 400mhz in bios for the ram its like it benches at 266 speed? and also CPUZ does not see it? where the reading should read its greyed out?

when i set to 266 or 333 in bios its not greyed out! and it benches according!

266 score 3dmark is 10,100

333 score 3dmark is 11,300

so that seems fine!

but set it to:

400 score 3dmark is 10,100 same as 266 test?

is it a case of the mobo title name is A7V8x KT400 but in real terms its 333 FSB chip and capable of more via o/cing the cpu to reach 400mhz?

This has been hard to find info today i have read what must of been hundreds of forums/reveiws !!! and its hard to find facts and info on this mobo plenty for its specs, but not for ocing as we all do on here!

thank you!

i must rest my eyes they grow wiery......:eek: :eek:

the reason the speech reporter isnt working is because it only functions with the on-board sound enabled and speakers connected to it

hi

thx got that dorted on speech!

now back to this 400mhz not seen in CPUZ

i have biosed out to the max!

put bios in take bios out put bios in take bios out !!

it shipped with 10 i tried 11 didnt work put in 08 then tried 09 then 10 then 11 and also tried BETA 1012.003

ican seem to understand this or am i missing the piont? it wont never get over 333mhz?

oh well [sits down and slumps graced with a big sigh......]

you live in england? damn, me too, im guessing you aren't actually british. but a tip, stop putting question marks after every damn sentence. its damn annoying rofl.
anyway, back to your question. if i was you i'd try what tw00sh said, try the different dimm slots. it'll be a process of trial and error if that doesn't work, just try everything you can think of. Failing that, RMA it. ;)

Rotary-Motion said:
hi

yes thats it, so when i set to 400mhz in bios for the ram its like it benches at 266 speed? and also CPUZ does not see it? where the reading should read its greyed out?

when i set to 266 or 333 in bios its not greyed out! and it benches according!

266 score 3dmark is 10,100

333 score 3dmark is 11,300

so that seems fine!

but set it to:

400 score 3dmark is 10,100 same as 266 test?

is it a case of the mobo title name is A7V8x KT400 but in real terms its 333 FSB chip and capable of more via o/cing the cpu to reach 400mhz?

This has been hard to find info today i have read what must of been hundreds of forums/reveiws !!! and its hard to find facts and info on this mobo plenty for its specs, but not for ocing as we all do on here!

thank you!

i must rest my eyes they grow wiery......:eek: :eek:

If I remember correctly, some of the first KT400 boards out didn't officially support 400MHz memory, it does not mean that it would not run it, it just means that there was no offical naming for the 400MHz dimms.

I'm a little puzzled why it would not run better at 400MHz unless the board has some sort of instability at that speed. Honestly, its hard to answer that question, I would just use the 333MHz setting and overclock the FSB and be done with it.

Blkout said:

If I remember correctly, some of the first KT400 boards out didn't officially support 400MHz memory, it does not mean that it would not run it, it just means that there was no offical naming for the 400MHz dimms.

I'm a little puzzled why it would not run better at 400MHz unless the board has some sort of instability at that speed. Honestly, its hard to answer that question, I would just use the 333MHz setting and overclock the FSB and be done with it.

Hi

thank you for your response!

Yes this 400mhz is confusing? i have the mobo to support it? (maybe?) and the ram definatly supports it! its rated 434mhz !!!

i have the settings in bios to actvate it! either 266 and 333 and 400mhz, all fine on 266 and 333 benching give good reading as they should, then turn 400 on and wamme! no show in CPUZ its greyed out? and the bench marks are as if its 266...

Wierd as the ram has been tested and optimised for the a7v8x in particular! and my mobo shipped with bios 1010 which has recently come out as bios 1011 has just got on asus site.

so its not one of the first models out.

need more help with this, if you find any answers please direct me to them!

regards

Paul.......

Back