• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good RAM or Not?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Buddha1822

I just bought:

XP 2100+ (Revision B, pretty sure AIHUB stepping and all)
ASUS A7N8X Mobo

and this RAM:
CORSAIR MEMORY XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, Low Latency 512MB 64MX64 PC-3200LL With Heat Spreaders.
Specifications:
Speed 400 MHz
Organization 64M x 64
CAS Latency 2-2-2-6-T1
Memory type DDR
Part number: CMX512-3200LL

Was this the proper RAM? I mean, how will it hold up on stability and heat, but most of all, will it allow me to overclock to atleast 2200mhz and hopefully 2400mhz? Let me know, thats all I am worried about. Thanks :)

*BUMP*

I'm really... i dunno, just concerned maybe, just truly wondering if the RAM i got was the good stuff to go with? Please anyone? :( :(

the best of the best, however, ram only limits fsb overclocking, it doesnt factor into multiplier overclocking i.e. 200x12 would be a problem with some pc2700 but 166x14.5 wouldnt be. none the less, that chip/board/ram will give you one of the best performing amd setups money can buy

great choice, that ram should do fine on that board, XMS is the choice of most on these forums

Back