• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone try Kingston HyperX?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skou

I just got a stick of HyperX 256MB for a new rig I'm building. I checked it in my Abit IT7, that's currently running a stick of Corsair XMS 3200, at 175FSB, 2 5 2 2 settings. I put the Kingston stick in- no boot. I had to slow down to 145 FSB, and 2.5 5 3 3 just to get it running.

When I called Kingston, their tech support guy said that they don't test memory using any Intel chipsets, just Via and nVidia.

Yes it is getting RMAed. Has anyone had problems with this memory?

steve

i have it on a giga mobo. no problem. I have also read a lot of positive reviews of this ram on intel chipset mobos running at crazy speeds that is why i bought it in the first place :) the pc3000 stuff

I just looked, I didn't post what speed I got. It's the PC3500 stuff. It should be able to run at 350 DDR at least This stuff us rated at 435 DDR rate.

steve

This ram should be about as good as the Corsair PC3200C2 modules. When I tested out my friends stick it did a little less than my Corsair. Something is definetly wrong, how much voltage are you putting through the module?

I love it, but, there are always pro's and con's to everything.

Corsair is no doubt one of the best, just not the best on an 8RDA+ MoBo.

Good luck with whatever ddr you go with!

Well i must say I'am impressed by my hyperx pc3000 512mb stick of ram that I got from googlegear. Here is how high I can run it on my 8rda non plus board.

196fsb
100% sync
5-2-2-2.0
vddm 2.77

I haven't tried much higher I think I'll need to do the vdd mod to get any higher anyway. I haven't tried using 2.9 volts on the ram either. I do know that the mem and system was 100% stable thru prime, memtest, and 3dmark @ 11.5 x 196 @ 12 x 196 I have to use to much voltage so there for didnt really test @ that speed much.

I have 512MB module of this memory. I must have bad luck or something, bacause it is not able to run w/o errors at any higher speed than 166MHz. I test it with Goldmemory and anything over 166 makes errors. Damnit.

Octopuss said:
I have 512MB module of this memory. I must have bad luck or something, bacause it is not able to run w/o errors at any higher speed than 166MHz. I test it with Goldmemory and anything over 166 makes errors. Damnit.

RMA it.... Its got a lifetime warranty.

Yeah, I'll definitely do that. But isn't it strange? I'd expect it with **** like Seitec, but Kingston?
Btw: do you think it will run at 200MHz CL2?

PC3000? MAYBE... I had PC3000 HyperX up to 192 fsb. Have heard of others having it up to 200.

I have the PC3500 now, and I am running solid at 209.

2.77 I could try 2.9 but i really dont want to catch it afire LOL.

Ok, I now have 2 sticks of this junk that won't post above 170 FSB. Neither one of them are as fast as my Corsair 3200.

steve

Sry to hear that man some boards act different with different mem.

Back