• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad customer service at ATIC computers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theonlybabyface

Registered
Hi there,

I don't normally bash pc stores, but this is one instance that I must. I bought 256mb of PC2700 ram from ATIC computers in Vancouver, BC and ran it at 266 speeds under 845E chipset without issue. I recently purchased a new mobo that supports 333 DDR and was constantly getting page faults running my ram at this speed. I ran memtest on all of my modules and this one failed. I tried it in another pc, same thing. I pulled the ram out and have had no issues since. So, I decided to go to ATIC to see about replacement/refund and was told SOL. I've had the ram over 30 days and it was tough luck for me. I argued that I bought PC2700 ram and it was faulty due to the fact that the ram cannot run at its rated speed regardless of timings. They said, "after 30 days if it doesn't run at all...too bad". Now all I've got to say is....that is total bull^*$%!!! Needless to say, I'll never buy another product from them nor from any other store that will not accept exchange/refund for faulty products.

Signed,

A disgruntled customer.

Sorry to hear about that. ATIC does have very crappy service (I've been there several times before). Even if you try to RMA it within the refunding period, you'll probably still get snubbed. They have the cheapest price in Vancouver for most products, but once you walk out of the store, you're on your own, regardless of whether it's messed up or not.

Other stores have crappy service as well, but I would say ATIC is the worst of them all.

You can say that again...I'll never buy anything there again....They may have cheap prices on some stuff, but the quality is the ****'s...this is the second stick if ram I've returned to these guys (the last one wouldn't even boot up at 266mhz!!!)

BAN ATIC!!!...there are cheaper places to buy stuff...just need to look around....

Back