• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is WRONG with Corsair and Kingston with $$$ ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

goden99

DDR400 Memory Droped price since last month by HALF !!! yes HALF.

Corsair and Kingston didn't budge 1$ are they nuts or something ? or does Ram pricing go down not apply to them like the think there special or something.

Before from normal memory to Corsair was 20-30% more which was worth it.
Now it's 160% MORE... talk about retartedness.

Let's see buy 2 Sticks of DDR 400 256 or 1 Stick of Corsair 256 DDR400 and pay 60% MORE.

goden99 said:

DDR400 Memory Droped price since last month by HALF !!! yes HALF.

Corsair and Kingston didn't budge 1$ are they nuts or something ? or does Ram pricing go down not apply to them like the think there special or something.

Before from normal memory to Corsair was 20-30% more which was worth it.
Now it's 160% MORE... talk about retartedness.

Let's see buy 2 Sticks of DDR 400 256 or 1 Stick of Corsair 256 DDR400 and pay 60% MORE.

Retartedness :(

umm, Corsair XMS PC3200 is about $138 at googlegear right now, about a month or two ago it was about $160-$180 or so..

Stumpjumper5200 said:
Actually, I bought the XMS 3500 Twin Pack (1GB) for $387 from newegg and shortly after, it dropped to like $340.

damn is 1gb enough? $387 for that is a damn lot of money

I saw 512 corsair pc3200 c2 for like 140$ at newegg that's a lot cheaper than it was.

SpliT71 said:

damn is 1gb enough? $387 for that is a damn lot of money

1GB is pretty nice :D The whole Twin Pack idea is for real too, not just some stupid marketing. My old memory (2x 256MB Kingmax PC3200) just would not let me above ~162fsb, with the Corsair I'm at 173 right now. Time to see if some extra tweaking will get me a little more :D

Back in September-October when I got my first 512 meg stick of Corsair 3200, it was about $220.

And I will second the fact that a gig of ram makes a difference and to me is well worth it.

grunjee said:
Back in September-October when I got my first 512 meg stick of Corsair 3200, it was about $220.

And I will second the fact that a gig of ram makes a difference and to me is well worth it.

Paid the same about the same time as you.
(Ooops I just noticed you got the 3200, ugh I got the 3500.)
Added my 2nd stick last week for 180 bux.
This week it's about 170 bux.
And I absolutely agree with you about using 1gig....
Even with their higher prices, I'd buy Corsair again in a heartbeat, and is my first choice. Peace of mind is worth something to me.....

Cheers,
Mike

Last edited:
All ram prices have gone down. Just be thankfull that everything is so cheap now. You can get 512 MB DDR for about $60! A few months ago you couldn't get a 256 MB module for less then that. Also, Corsair's prices have definitely gone down as have all the other companies.

I just ordered a second 512mb of Corsair XMS PC3200 from Googlegear. I paid $185 when I purchased the first stick last September. This one cost me $137. No, it's not half but it's damn good RAM with a lifetime warranty. I'm happy.

Stumpjumper5200 said:

1GB is pretty nice :D The whole Twin Pack idea is for real too, not just some stupid marketing. My old memory (2x 256MB Kingmax PC3200) just would not let me above ~162fsb, with the Corsair I'm at 173 right now. Time to see if some extra tweaking will get me a little more :D

I got two low latency sticks from googlegear. They weren't the marketed matched pair, but they run just like they were. I'm not saying the "twin pack" is a scam, just a marketing tool to get you to shell out a few extra bucks.

I paid 112 for a stick of 256 Kingston HyperX then a month later I paid 89 so it did come down...

Edit and now its 77!!

Last edited:
I got this PC2700 when it was 195 or so...for 2700!
Now I just ordered a new stick of 2700 (board can't get past 184 w/o HD corruption anyways) for $102 from newegg.

good lord. another hundred bucks and i could get it to 1.5gb of ram. lol. :p

You guys to not even want to know how much I paid for 3 sticks of XMS PC-150 512MB a few years ago. :rolleyes:

Someone had a therory that memory prices were based on gas prices. There might be something to that...

Back