• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What, that bad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FusionBoi

I recently replaced my motherboard, and my old pc2700 ram with an asus a7n8x and ocz pc3500EL dual channel ram, and in sandras memory benchmark my new score is WORSE than my old score, could this be due to bios memory settings? (note: i am not overclocking at the moment on this pc) just wondering if anyone can help me fix this, because the scores are extremely low.

RAM Int Buffered aEMMX/aSSE Bandwidth 2001MB/s
RAM Float Buffered aEMMX/aSSE Bandwidth 1860MB/s

Thx.

well... a couple things...

1.make sure you have 2 sticks of ram in dimms one
2. make sure you have yoru timings set as fast as they will go
3. make sure you have yoru FSB set up as fast as it will go... IE you need to OC there may be a BIOS setting for it like 400mhz ram but i think you should just start pumpinmg yoru FSB...

what i think is happeing is you have yrou FSB set to 133 (266) for your proc and on your old board you had it set so the ram was at 166mhz but on this one either there isnt a setting for rhta and you just need to up your FSB or you need to set that setting if there is one (im not sure as i dont have that board or much less an Nforce2):D

ya. i have same board and ram. its a waste to not overclock it, why buy pc 3500el if your gona run it at 333? just my 2cents

yea i had the same problem with another comp i use....its got 3200 in it and it was gettin low scores in sandra...we need to unlock the chip so we can lower the multiplier and raise the fsb and up the mem timings correctly....possibly flash the bios.....too bad its a pally and they are a pain to unlock....

mine is unlocked already but i dont want to raise the fsb too much till i get water cooling, dont wanna risk that much :p

Back