• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How high did you get you OCZ PC3500 512MB EL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclocker456

I just ordered some on-line and I'm curious what to expect from it. Make sure you let me know the voltage you are using at your max stable overclocks.. thanks...

I have this memory running in an asus p4b533-e. the memory bus
speed is at 416 mhz, but my memory timings have to be set to
auto, otherwise it is a no go. volts set at 2.7 or 2.9, no difference.
this memory stick will not run at the advertised timing levels,
even at default speed of 133mgz.
at manual memory seetings of 2.5, 3,3,6 is the max i can have
(@378mhz memory bus speed). i will be making a call to ocz tech
tomorrow, maybe i have a bad stick of ram.
my crucial 256mb pc2700 runs faster than my ocz 512 mb pc3500. with the crucial i can hit 400mhz. good luck..

i have 2 sticks of this ram, and i LOVE THEM, with the vdd mod on the a7n8x i can run 7-4-4-2 225X2 =450 FSB 95% stable but heat gets to be a issue. alot of peoplea re bad mouting the pc3500el because there boards cant support the high fsb, and the asume its the ram due to the problems OCZ hade in the past, i think you should have a great experance with it

Big Bad oMek said:
i have 2 sticks of this ram, and i LOVE THEM, with the vdd mod on the a7n8x i can run 7-4-4-2 225X2 =450 FSB 95% stable but heat gets to be a issue. alot of peoplea re bad mouting the pc3500el because there boards cant support the high fsb, and the asume its the ram due to the problems OCZ hade in the past, i think you should have a great experance with it

I'm hoping for 456MHz 2/5/2/2.. keep in mind this is on a IT7-max v2.0 with a max voltage of 2.8v.

Big Bad oMek said:
dont think you will get that fsb stable with those ram timmings

You're running a AMD motherboard which is very different from a Pentium 4 Intel 845PE chipset. a lot of review I saw for it said it can do it only in a Intel system.. I hope they are right..;)

ya, i have no idea about intel. i havent owned one since my p3-800. but good luck i love the ram really opend my eyes about OCZ and made me relize dont trust everything you read on the forums ( everyone told me to not get this ram )

Big Bad oMek said:
ya, i have no idea about intel. i havent owned one since my p3-800. but good luck i love the ram really opend my eyes about OCZ and made me relize dont trust everything you read on the forums ( everyone told me to not get this ram )

yeah there are idiots who think OCZ is trash because they really know nothing about it and just go by what someone else said or what they "heard'..

When a MB with Corsair memory modules does not overclock well, most will not suspect the Corsair.

When a MB with OCZ memory modules does not overclock well, most will suspect the OCZ.

Some will jump to a conclusion not even booting up the system with memtest86 at the stock frequency and timing with reduced FSB and CPU speed to test out the RAM. And set the RAM at reduced speed to check how high the FSB can go, ...

With the recent, new motherboards, the bios are so flexible that the CPU, FSB, memory speed, AGP/PCI, .... all can be set independently and allow one to find out the max speed of each of them before jumping to a conclusion, ... and to know what to buy and how to optimize the overall system.

hitechjb1 said:
When a MB with Corsair memory modules does not overclock well, most will not suspect the Corsair.

When a MB with OCZ memory modules does not overclock well, most will suspect the OCZ.

Some will jump to a conclusion not even booting up the system with memtest86 at the stock frequency and timing with reduced FSB and CPU speed to test out the RAM. And set the RAM at reduced speed to check how high the FSB can go, ...

With the recent, new motherboards, the bios are so flexible that the CPU, FSB, memory speed, AGP/PCI, .... all can be set independently and allow one to find out the max speed of each of them before jumping to a conclusion, ... and to know what to buy and how to optimize the overall system.

well said, but isn't it true, most people don't even know what a stable overclock really is.. Sandra burn in they say...lol come on now..

I'm so glad to see others are using OCZ .. coz' I just bought 2x256 OCZ PC3500 performance sticks on googlegear and will run 'em for 200fsb@5-2-2 on soltek nforce2 mobo .. most people who get their hands on these sticks say that they run good at the tightest settings on default voltage!!

nut581 said:
I'm so glad to see others are using OCZ .. coz' I just bought 2x256 OCZ PC3500 performance sticks on googlegear and will run 'em for 200fsb@5-2-2 on soltek nforce2 mobo .. most people who get their hands on these sticks say that they run good at the tightest settings on default voltage!!

When you get a PC3500 memory module (which should run at 217 MHz), don't just run it at 200 MHz. Otherwise, you will be wasting the most expensive portion of the memory bandwidth (30% of the money).

At least try to overclock more towards the 217 MHz. Even you cannot overclock the FSB to 217 MHz, try to set up memtest86 and set the FSB and memory speed at a ratio such that the FSB is lower and the memory would run at 217 MHz at the stock ras/cas timing and stock voltage. Run memtest86 for as long as you can to test whether the memory module worths every penny you paid for. I won't take anything 1 MHz below its stock frequency and timing. Error free with memtest86 is the minimum I would take for a memory module, in case you cannot run 100% with the FSB to test it.

PS: Memtest86 error free does not guarantee 100% stability under heavy windows usage, drivers, 3D, ... Usually it is a few MHz below the max memtest86 frequency. But is a necessary condition to tell whether a module has potential problem and needs rma.

Last edited:
Back