• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8ihxp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am, ripped that POS fan off and exchanged it with one i got from my previous Dell. Works well too......plus it looks pimp!

Look

Last edited:
Yeah, i've also noticed that default fan is very noisy, and i also thought changing it to the zalman. I see that you have a water cooling, but i have a normal p4 cooler and i've overclocked my p4 [email protected], do u think that zalman is good as that default 40mm fan ?

I've been thinking buying 8SQ800 Ultra, because of 8IHXPs bad overclocking possibilities. And i've also noticed that it uses same 40mm cooler than 8IHXP (at least in the pictures of it). I would like to hear if someone has been changed the Northbridge cooler of that motherboard to zalman. Thanks a lot!

hanukki said:
do u think that zalman is good as that default 40mm fan ?

I looked into a Zalman before i changed my northbridge heatsink and the only way to mount it on would be to epoxy it on defeating the prupose of moving over to a new mobo once that happens, because there is no holes on the mobo where you can attach it to....as you already know. I guess you could do it by using the clip that came with the mobo, as you can see what i did on my northbridge, so later on you can reuse the Zalman on a new mobo that does have the holes.

The northbridge without a fan on gets fairly hot but its acceptable for me as i nnotice no whine anymore from the 40mm fan. My system is still 'ROCK' solid and that's whats important! If your running a high FSB then I would use a fan but since ouur mobo pushes a max FSB of only 156 then pasive cooling is enough.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information! You said that your present heatsink is fairly hot, but because you took it from the dell ? i guess it doesnt have so "much" "performance" than zalman ? do u believe that zalman has a better "performance" ? cause zalman is a "real" heatsink, which is not coming with someone mobo. This might be stupid guestion, but anyway =)

I've read about that zalman heatsink, and its not copper, so do u know there would be better heatsink than that for the northbridge ??

Im just very interested about that, cause im really buying 8SQ800 Ultra, and with that im having a bigger FSB than 156, I HOPE SO =)

Hey Hanukki,

Why is MY email address listed as your email address in your profile? This is an address that i have never even used at these forums. Please tell me why you are using my email address?

I got a message at my primary email address that hanukki was requesting his password. Where did you get my email address from hanukki? I never used it here. BTW I got a message that you were trying to change YOUR password. I changed it to hacker. So if your having problems logging in there's your password. I suggest you change it and find a new email address. I guess I should now go change my primary email password too..

I wish I could private message you or email you with this but I can't.. Don't know your email and you don't know your password.

Maybe this is a mixup, but how in the world would you know my primary email address?

Back