• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can not start P4PE???????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mocman

I have a Asus P4PE and read alot on here about the overclocking abilities and I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TOO.......I have done all that I have seen but still have to move everything back! I sometimes booted normaly but would not other times?? I have always had to go back to origanal settings......Anyone know what is up/
Thanks

well, does it run fine without it being overclocked? What kind of ram do you have? Answer these questions and I'm sure someone with experience will be able to help you out :p

Oh yea it is fine when it is not overclocked and the memory is Samsung 333 2700 512mb.
I have been a avid asus mobo user for some time and it just puzzles me to not get this one going. After reading all the success about it. I am thinking of getting some cosair memory and see if that will help??

mocman said:
I sometimes booted normaly but would not other times??
Read up on the P4PE cold boot problem. If you have it, return the board immediately.

DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT SYSYTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

That is the message that I am getting when I overclock my board??? Any suggest????

does it see your hard drive fine? I know my old WD 8 gb hard drive will not boot or work when I overclock on a cold boot I have to hit reset for it to see it..

hmm ok.. have you used that CPU before and know it can overclock? and what about the ram? do you have any more you can test with? like use a friends or something? or a friends CPU?

Back