• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IT7-MAX2 V2 Yey or Ney?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CyberFed

trying to choose a board. Im looking for best overall overclockability i heard this was a decent choice and i looked it up, didnt seem bad. asus has left a sour taste in my mouth but they are not totally out of the loop.

heres the specs on the rest of it
2.4b C1 SL6RZ
512 corsair xms 3500 or 3200 low latency (recommendations?)

thanx folks

its unstopable with the new bios. up to 1.85 vcore is now selectable without the pin trick. just a observation but there seem to be more it7 variants in the top overclocking computers than any other manufacture or board line

Take note, it has no serial or parallel ports.

I am expecting my IT7 to be delivered today. I did not notice this and need both ports. It is not a real problem because for $25 or $30 or so you can buy a PCI card with both ports on it.

batboy said:
The Abit IT7 Max2 V2 is probably the best i845PE chipset mobo available. It's awesome.

I have to agree. I have the IT7Max2 V2 board with Phantoms bios hack and it rocks:cool:

Got this same mobo last week! I went ahead and got the 512 mb's of corsair 3200 instead of the 3500. The reason for the 3200 instead of the 35 is because I have heard of better oc'n results from the 3200. Haven't been able to test it yet, wait'n on my 2.4b sl6rz. Good choice though!!:D

dtadpole said:
Got this same mobo last week! I went ahead and got the 512 mb's of corsair 3200 instead of the 3500. The reason for the 3200 instead of the 35 is because I have heard of better oc'n results from the 3200. Haven't been able to test it yet, wait'n on my 2.4b sl6rz. Good choice though!!:D

I have to agree with the 3200 idea. My 3500 is stable 470, but does give minor fits. 460DDR is excellent for it. Your's will do atleast 460DDR and probably 470 without trouble.

So this board doesn't come with serial or parallel ports? How does this board measure up against an Asus P4PE? I'm kinda hacked at asus right now because my computer is nowhere near as fast as I thought it would be. I'm using a 2.4 oc'ed to 2.7, and my cpu is an SL6EF. I tried to get some corsair 3200 ram to run on this asus and no go. Should I switch to the abit?
Doc

If you still have a parallel port printer, scanner, or old serial devices (you would be amazed on what people still use), I would say go for the BH7.

The IT7 is a great choice if you are like me with a plethora of USB and a few firewire devices. I currently have a usb scanner, usb printer, usb mouse, usb keyboard, usb webcam, usb gameboy advance cartridge hobbyist device, usb thumbdrive, and an external 40gb firewire drive. Otherwise, I don't think the IT7 is worth the extra $60 price tag. The raid is nice too if you use it.

I personally have a IT7 Max 2 and its been overclocking great. I was able to get my old 1.8a B0 to reach 2.53ghz and my current cpu can reach 3100 (but I don't want to up the voltage past 1.7v)
In the Intel Cpu forums, I hear some people are getting great results with the SL6RZ multi vid 2.4B ghz P4s. 3.2ghz-3.4ghz+

-efini

Back