• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SQS800 AGP Lock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RickShelton

Registered
8SQ800 AGP Lock?

I still think that the AGP/PCI lock is broke on this Mobo, can anyone confirm this other than by saying it isn't?
IE do you have access to a scope to check the AGP/PCI speed?

Because anytime I go over 160 fsb ( which puts the AGP @80 I think) I get crashes and reboots, just the same as it was on my Asus P4B266-c that had a diff CPU, memory and Video card. And I know that Mobo didn't lock the AGP speed.

Comments welcome :)

System Specs:
Gigabyte GA-8SQ800
P4 2.4b (SL6EF) Week 49 Maylasia
2 X 256mb Kinsgton HyperX PC 2700 memory
Vantec Areoflow VP4-C7040 Heatsink
MSI 4200 8x
40gb IBM Drive 7200rpm

P.S. I have done all the other stuff relaxed mem timings, higher core voltage and even Checked the PSU voltage with a meter under load.

Thanks,
Rick

It sounds like you do not have "linear" turned on. I have the same board running at 150fsb and my PCI is at 32 and my AGP is at 65. I am sure I can go higher, but there is a method to my madness. I go slow when over clocking so I can tell where the bottleneck is, need more volts for ram, agp or cpu. Right now, everything is at default. I am running 512mgs of Geil PC3200 and it is rock stable. F5 bios (came with the board).
Not sure this helps, but just make sure you are running your board with the PCI/AGP on auto (I think) or if you are using the wizard tool, linear.

Hope this helped.

P.S. I love this board, cheap, stable and DDR400 support.
:D I am still going to get the IN1394 when newegg has them in stock. That will be my new "gaming box" and this one will be my work station.

EasyTune4 is reporting that @160fsb, agp is 79 and pci is 39, while the bios reports 66/33. That would explain why I'm not posting above 163fsb.

The 2.4b/gf3 ran 170fsb stable in a Epox 4PEA+ earlier today.

---------------
watercooling a PC60 is tight fit :\

Back