• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

When Overclocking, when do you need to worry about agi/pci ratio ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gruvin2

Just been reading more and some have said they changed the agp/pci ratio. What are preferred ratios when Overclocking and around what FSB does this become a factor ?

Depends on your system and components, but usually 33.3 to 37.5 MHz PCI bus speed is generally good to go. Personally, I've never been able to run any of my systems stable at 40 MHz or above (I usually start scrambling harddrives at 40 MHz PCI bus speed). If you are referring to the system in your signature, then up to 148-150 FSB should work ok using the 1/4 PCI divider. Above that you might need to "fix" the PCI bus (assuming your mobo has that feature). I'm talking averages here, your mileage may vary. Some systems can do better and some can't even do that much.

I currently have this setup in my Sig. My AGP/PCI is set at auto 67/33 for now. that is lowest setting.

Back