• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New BH7 Questions!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Speedpc

HI All!!!
Just a few questions on the BH7 Mobo. Does anybody think that i can run Cosair PC3500 on this mobo??? I called jeff at Abit and he would not say yes or no (cool) he stated PC2700 was what was tested he told me to call Corsair, I have not heard back from Cosair as of yet (but i will :) ) Any and all idea or thoughts would be appreciated.

This what i'm looking to build:
Abit BH7 (Replacing IT7 Max2 V2)
P4 2.8
Cosair PC3500 512Mb
Maxtor 80G 8MB 7200 ATA133 HDD
ATI 9800 PRO (Pre Ordered) Gainward TI4600 for now)
Audigy2
Antec TrueControl550W PS (Now i can fry everything lol)
Kingwin Case
Enermax Temp. sensor UC-A3FATR2S 3.5 bay

Everybody please tell me what you think???? Thanks All :)

Memory Voltage??

1 more thing :) what are the settings for the memory?? 2.7 2.8 or I wish 2.9 :)

Re: Memory Voltage??

Speedpc said:
1 more thing :) what are the settings for the memory?? 2.7 2.8 or I wish 2.9 :)

From 2.55~3.05v, in .1 v graduations. I would be cautious with anything over 2.85 unless you're running some pretty good cooling such as a dimm waterblock, though.

I am running 2 512 sticks of CMX512-3500C2, at 2-2-2-5 no problem, dimm v 2.85.

Rugged said:
I am running 2 512 sticks of CMX512-3500C2, at 2-2-2-5 no problem, dimm v 2.85.

Okay.... That has what to do with my statement?
You should be fine until you go over 2.85 on the BH7, I urged caution since the next voltage available is 2.95... Regardless of the ram's speed rating, overvolting that far is hitting the danger zone without adequate cooling.

Last edited:
Yes it has to do with your statement.:D
Right to the point. I had no intention of overvolting up to 2.95, corsair makes good memory but not that good.

Gotcha! That Corsair xms is good stuff, and certainly not something I'd risk at 2.95 either, just for a few extra mhz. ;)

What speed are you hitting with it, if you don't mind me asking? I'm considering trying out some of the their LL3500 myself...

420mhz at 168Fsb, 4:5,

That is when I am pushing the fsb and cpu volts pretty hard.
Not sure how to get better performance out of it. I have tried running at 1:1 but lags compared to 4:5

How about at 3:4 ratio? You should be able to run a few more mhz (224/448?) if your cpu/fsb is holding you back.

[Update:] Just in case, if you didn't already know this, set the "HW Strap" option from "auto" or "high" to "low" to enable the 3:4 option in dram ratio.

If this is old news, please ignore....

Last edited:
It does not seem to like 3:4 even with lax timings. I think I will leave it as it is and put some 3200 in it and use my 3500 with the upcoming canterwood/springdale stuff. This board is a keeper though.

Thanks for the advice.

I seem to get best results at 4:5 as well. My samsung 2700 tops out at 196mhz, which is close to my cpu's limit when ran at 4:5. At 3:4, my cpu runs too slow for me to see any benefit over even running at 1:1.

Sorry it didn't work out for you, I was hoping that you might get a little boost!

I have a question regarding the BH7 also, I dont want to start another thread :)

I purchased the BH7 a few days ago and its great. But how accurate are the temp readings from the bios?

And also does anyone know which sensors are for what in MBM5? I checked mbm5 website but they didnt have anything for Abit BH7.

i just use the pull down menu's..lol

dam! just put the board in

from 2.4 right up to 3.06 with stock cooling 170mhz FSB with Samsung pc3200.

:D

Back