• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IT7 Max 2 ver. 2 Temps & More

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EmTSea19

Hey, other MAx 2 ver. 2 owners, please help me out.

Is the temperature reading in the BIOS PC Health Status accurate for the IT7 Max 2 ver. 2?

Is there a way to access the temps while online, with out restarting the computer to access BIOS?

Are you setting the CPU alarm, fan speeds, and other things in the PC Health Status or are you leaving it at default?

Does the voltage core stay the same or go up and down as you surf? I checked it and it was at 1.50 volts. I have the latest BIOS D6, and I thought that meant 1.85 Volts?

Only two of my USB ports are showing as 2.0?

If I have the latest BIOS D6, do I still have to download other drivers? Such as chipset, highpoint, Intel application accelerator, USB, audio, etc...?

Any help much appreciated.

Hey there EmTSea19,

I have the same board as u and I am having the same issue as u.
I believe and from what I have heard that it does read too hot.
I am using the winbond hardware monitor ver 2.70.
The only problem is that the winbond diode reader on the board is what is causing the high readings...
If we could find out by how much then we would ok..
Here is where i got it from..

http://fae.abit.com.tw/eng/download...ardware Doctor&file=hw_doctor/it7/HWM_IT7.EXE

hope that helps.. Until we find out some more info use this while in windows.. oh and stay away from "mbm 5" as it does not support this particular board.

Is there a way to access the temps while online, with out restarting the computer to access BIOS?

Winbond that comes on the Abit Drivers CD can be used to moitor voltages and temps while in Windows.

Does the voltage core stay the same or go up and down as you surf? I checked it and it was at 1.50 volts. I have the latest BIOS D6, and I thought that meant 1.85 Volts?

Just becuase you have the latest BIOS does not mean it defaults to 1.85V. It should default to whatever the processor you are running requires. If you decide to change the voltage of the CPU manually you can change it though I would not recommend going over 1.7V as the Northwood CPU's have been known to suffer a horrible death due to higher voltage. The voltage should definitely not change/fluctuate.

If I have the latest BIOS D6, do I still have to download other drivers? Such as chipset, highpoint, Intel application accelerator, USB, audio, etc...?

The drivers are separate from the BIOS. You definitely need to install drivers for components of your system. I personally like to use the latest drivers from the manufactuer as well.

mcortz_2000 said:
"mbm 5" as it does not support this particular board.

im using mbm 5 right now, and it works perfectly. :confused:

my it7 max2 v2 before i RMA'd it reported temps 9-10c, just to give you a comparison. the board abit sent back to me reports everything correctly now. on the old one idle temp was 45c, this one its 35c

SLO, Okay thanks. The Abit tech support guy told me not to install any of the drivers I got in my Motherboard package. So, I did not do it. *lol* I was going to check the Abit website for the latest drivers, I am just not sure exaclty which ones to install?

PureBooYah, Did you RMA it for that reason alone or was there another problem?

EmTSea19 said:
SLO, Okay thanks. The Abit tech support guy told me not to install any of the drivers I got in my Motherboard package. So, I did not do it. *lol* I was going to check the Abit website for the latest drivers, I am just not sure exaclty which ones to install?

I would always suggest using the latest drivers you can get, which are probably off the website.

After running my computer for over 5 hours yesterday, no overclocking, basically surfing, downloading, and tweaking my system, my temps were as follows:

System Temp 32' C
CPU Temp 45' C

(According to the PC Health system in BIOS)

My IT v2 also reports high. Its running 42c and 52c at load. I know its not that hot as I can put my fingers on the heak sink and its barly warm. I am using a MCX4000 with 75CFM fan.

I have dual pIII's running at 32c and 41c Loaded and the heatsink has the same feel as the IT 7.

Just seems to be reporting high.

My IT7 Max 2 V. 2 reports high too. I'm getting 41_°c idle and 53°c load.:mad:

Oh, I am i have the worst temp then.. :D :D I am overclocking it though.. It'ss idle at 44*c and load at 60*c. I use winbond software to see the temps, since its a very small program and report all the voltages I need to know..

I was able to test out a pentium 4 2.0a overclocked on an epox 4g4a+ before I received my IT7 back from RMA.

The IT7 reports temperatures 8-9C higher than my epox board.

This was tested with the same cpu, case, and cooling setup.

-efini

Back