• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question concerning ASUS TUSL2-C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

solo2002

Registered
Did anybody find a relation between the BIOS version of the ASUS TUSL2-C motherboard and the overclocking abilities of a Celeron Tualatin processor (1200 MHz default) on this motherboard. I am using the tweaked BIOS version 1012 (from www.x86-secret.com)? Is there a possibility for a better overclock on this motherboard with another version of the BIOS? What is your experience with this motherboard?
Greetings
Solo2002

As far as I can remember I didn't notice a difference in how well the MOBO OC's with the original or x86 BIOS.

The MOBO is fine for me, your problem might be the 1.2GHz Tualeron as most of them don't OC very well (Most don't even hit 133MHz FSB...have a look in the CPU database).

BTW: Mine would only do ~1.44GHz using regular air cooling, right now I'm using a PEP66+Delta Screamer+54W TEC and it'll run stable @ 1620MHz, cooling it below ~10C will make it POST @ (at least) 1740....meaning I need to get a new (85W) TEC to push it a bit more:D

KILLorBE said:
As far as I can remember I didn't notice a difference in how well the MOBO OC's with the original or x86 BIOS.

The MOBO is fine for me, your problem might be the 1.2GHz Tualeron as most of them don't OC very well (Most don't even hit 133MHz FSB...have a look in the CPU database).

BTW: Mine would only do ~1.44GHz using regular air cooling, right now I'm using a PEP66+Delta Screamer+54W TEC and it'll run stable @ 1620MHz, cooling it below ~10C will make it POST @ (at least) 1740....meaning I need to get a new (85W) TEC to push it a bit more:D
Thanks for reply:)

I use that same 1012 version from x86 myself.
Dont think it will have any effect on the overclockability
of your CPU, but it does make your mem timings and stuff stick...

Killorbe is correct. I had to put an AX-7 with a Sunon high
output 80mm fan to get my 1.2 up over 133fsb. took 1.80v also.
Cooling is key....

*The AX-7 barely fit in there. It is touching 2 caps. I cut little
guards things for them out of some plastic packaging.

Back