• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DEFINATIVE GA-SINXP1394 [SiS 655] BIOS guide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

penguinpoo

First off: I, nor Overclockers.com can be held acceptable for any hardware damage caused as a result to implication of this guide, this is only a guide.

Second Point: This is designed for the experianced AND NEWBIES, so i will include even the Basic's for everyone

Third Point: Feel free to post any comments, thanks, etc... - Please send flames or any problems to [email protected] [joke]

So, You've just bought an SINXP1394 Motherbaord, The best SiS655 Chipset board there is PERIOD.

ASSUMPTIONS: I assume, if you have laid out the green on a Dual Channel Mother board, and a high spec one at that, you will be using a Radeon 9700 pro, Anything that is graphics card particular will be indicated with a '**R97P**' [with out the ' marks]. I have built about 6 PC's On this 'blueprint system'.

*Before we beggin* Head over to http://www.asusboards.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37370 and pick up Bigtoe's Modded BIOS, I have used this extensivly, and can say It has run perfectly each and every time. Use the @BioS utility to flash the BIOS, selecting the BIOS file.

KEY + Jargon newbies maybe confussed with:

HDD - Hard Disk Drive

HIGHLY reccomended with *'s next to HIGHLY is rate of how 'high' i reccomend something [3 max - BIG performance increase/stabilty increase, 0 least - Small, but noticable performance increase/stability increase]

P or S next to HIGHLY reccomended, P denotes a performance increase, and S is a stability increase

Reccomended is my suggested setting. Performance difference is at best marginal

TMD Fan is a YS tech fan technology, Stands for Tip Magnectic Drive, these eleminate the 'dead spot' in the centre, larger TMD fans can take upto 15 secs to 'spin up'

Enter BIOS and Press CTRL + F1

>Standerd CMOS Features

>>>DATE & TIME --- Set as appropriate

>>>IDE Primary --- The Primary IDE Device on IDE channel one, If you are NOT running a HDD on this channel, you do not need to alter any settings. If you ARE running a Hard drive on this IDE channel, Press enter Select IDE HDD Auto-detection then set IDE Primary Master to manuel, this will cut down boot times >Access mode> Reccomended Leave to auto

>>>IDE Primary Slave --- Same as above

>>>IDE Secondary Master --- Same as 'IDE Primary'

>>>IDE Secondary Slave --- Same as 'IDE Primary'

>>>Drive A --- If you have a floppy drive connected select
[1.44M, 3.5"]

>>>Drive B --- Leave as
[None]

>>>Floppy 3 Mode Support --- Leave to
[Disabled]

>>>Halt on --- Reccomended is
[All, But Keyboard]

>Advanced BIOS features

>>>BIOS Flash Protection --- Reccomended
[Auto]

>>>CPU L1 & L2 Cache --- HIGHLY reccomended ***p
[Enabled]

>>>CPU L3 cache --- Has no effect on performance, Reccomend
[Disabled]

>>>CPU L2 Cache ECC Checking --- HIGHLY reccomended ***p
[Enabled]

>>>SATA/RAID/SCSI Boot order --- Reccomended
[SCSI]

>>>First Boot device --- If you do not wich to boot from a CD or floppy this will increase your boot perfmance *p by setting to
[HDD-0]

>>>Second Boot device --- Presuming scenario is as above Reccomended
[Disabled]

>>>Third Boot device --- Presuming scenario is the same to described in First boot device Reccomended
[Disabled]

>>>Boot up Floppy Seek --- Reccomended
[Disabled]

>>>BootUp Num-Lock --- this adjusts weather you want the numlock to be on or off when you boot up Reccomended
[Off]

>>>Password Check --- Sets weather you want the password [As described later] to be requested to enter the BIOS [setup], or Requested in order to use the PC and accessing the BIOS [System], For security I reccomend
[System]

>>>Interrupt Mode --- HIGHLY reccomended *s [APIC]

>>>HDD S.M.A.R.T. Capability --- Note this does not function and will automaticly revert to desisabled if you are using a RAID array. If not HIGHLY reccomended **s [Enabled]

>>>Delay For HDD (sec) --- this ads a 'pause' to the initial boot sequance, to allow the HDD to 'spin up'... however this can be used if you have larger TMD fans, to allow them to spin up, or to allow your water cooling to reach max flow rate before the CPU is stressed. However I reccomend [ 0]

>>>Flexable AGP 8x --- **R97P** HIGHLY reccomended *p [8x]

>>>Init Display First --- If your not using an AGP graphics card, go buy one now. You need to have this set to [AGP]

>Advanced Chipset Features

WORK IN PROGRESS --- I GOT BORED AT THIS POINT WILL CONTINUE SOME OTHER TIME

Last edited:
CURRENT CHANGES UNDERWAY! Keep comments+suggestions coming!!

1 - Im updating the color/layout ATM

2 - Next I plan to update descriptions, make it more informative

3 - Then I plan on finishing it

a suggestion, when i am writing a "guide" (not that i have written many) i tend to write it on word edit it properly and than upload the guide to someplace in one piece so people can download it, the MS word version can have screen shots etc while the forum version can only be text based

Sounds good to me iff its a complete ms word doc otherwise its looking true the whole forum for peices of the bios guide soundlike a new type of onlinegaming forum games :)

Greetz from the ozman getting the bord tomorow

does somebody want to finish this off? I barely have time come to think of it :(

Penguin,
I can't get that modded bios as the link to bigtoes forum thingy gives a corrupt Bios file. Know wanywhere that has it (or could you email to me?). It's for the SINXP1394 that I have at work not the machine in my sig below obviously :p

Advanced Chipset Features

WORK IN PROGRESS --- I GOT BORED AT THIS POINT WILL CONTINUE SOME OTHER TIME

Is this ever gonna get finished? I'm will be setting up the bios this weekend and wouldn't mind some pointers.

Back