• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P4PE or Abit IT7 Max2 Ver2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BF4831

Registered
Which motherboard is better (I'm planning to Overclock P4 2.4b):

Asus P4PE Black Pearl Edition (Black Pearl Ed. = good?)

~or~

Abit IT7 Max2 Ver2 ?

The price is pretty much the same... so that doesn't matter... I just want to know which motherboard is better overall, for overclocking and stability, etc... This will be my first build :)

Take a look at my sig. I got a 1.6a which I'm running at 2800mhz with a IT7MAX2 V2.0 and I'm sure I can overclock even more. This speed is with watercooling albeit the EXOS watercooling kit is not designed for overclocking so I sold it and I'm now building a custom kit (the EXOS was giving my CPU temps at around 53-54C under heavy load).

When I compare the IT7 MAX2 V2.0 to a P4PE, I don't see where the P4PE could have an edge. The IT7 has 10 USB 2.0 ports, 3 firewire ports, 2 Serial ATA ports (can do Serial ATA RAID), 4 IDE ports, built in audio and LAN. The board also comes with an adapter to hook up a non-SATA hard disk to a SATA interface.

I think the IT7 MAX2 V2.0 is simply the best 845PE motherboard on the market because of the incredible amount of features it has and its overclocking potential.

Back