• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IT7 Power Supply Connector Missing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Barryng

My TH7II has three connectors for the power supply.

ATXPR1
AUXPWR1
ATX12V1

The Abit manual for the IT7 (board to be delivered today) does not show the AUXPWR1 connector. What is this connector used for and why is it not needed on the IT7 but needed on the TH7II?

I'm not 100% sure but I can offer you one explination. Many p4 boards include two methods of providing an auxilary 12V as the Pentium 4 specs require. Some use the 4 pin square which is only in p4 compliant power supplies. Others let you use a regular molex adapter like for hard drives/cdroms. This is not the best method but it works. That is why there is that third, to let you use that other method for that extra 12V. As the IT7 is a better board naturally (since it's geared to overclockers and I have it! heh) it would only include the best option, the square adapter.

I'm running both of them, and the lack of connector is not slowing me down at all. Why they changed, I have no idea.

steve

Back