• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Canterwood-based GA-8KNXP Ultra

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
onboard scsi?
6 dimm slots?
onboard raid?

Me thinks that this isn't meant for us

looks like canterwood is gonna be only high-end workstation/entry-lever server

at least as far as gigabyte is concerned
I'm sure its the same for Intel's board too

Abit's canterwood board is more enthusiast oriented it looks though

Will the majority of canterwood boards be for us or not?

I have a feeling that these are gonna be way too expensive

Wow, the Gigabyte Canterwood board looks impressive. Damn, and I just bought my Granite Bay board, oh well, I guess I'll wait 'till whatever comes out after Canterwood. :D

The Maya II GV-R9800 is definetly on my shopping list though.

that board looks really sweet!!! it also has the DPS! for a more stable circuit and 6 dim slots!!! ( imagines 6 gigs of memory:eek: ) thats about how much my old HD has!!!!

i dont think id need the Scsi, but raid and everything looks amazing!!! i cant see, but does it have SATA?

the board looks to be of high quality, and lets hope it puts out good numbers.

the colours also add that sweet touch to it..

raven

Damn Intel, making have to go out and buy another board right after I bought my GB board. If the canterwoods are going to be as good as the hype and if my SL6RZ or SL6S2 (Haven't decided if the 2.53GHz is worth the extra money over the 2.4GHz) O/Cs the way I want it to, I think my GB is going to be on record as the shortest time I've used a board in my main rig. :D

raven said:
i cant see, but does it have SATA?

Raven, it does have ATA, take a close look by the battery.

Enigma422 said:
Raven, it does have ATA, take a close look by the battery.
so thats how SATA looks like... cool =) those are gona surly increase air flow in a case, and will also take up less room on the motherboard!!

raven

Back