• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IT7 Max2 Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neptune

I've recently run into an issue with my computer built on an IT7-Max2. I came home from work today to find my monitor blinking, and it wouldn't come back - so i reset. Nothing. I shut off the power for a bit, then tried to fire it up - nothing.

After resetting the bios and trying to boot multiple times, it just doesn't go. When i turn on the system, the POST display goes straight to FF, and doesn't go through a sequence. I've tried reseating my cards, mem, etc, unconnecting all my USB devices, etc.... but no go.

Anyone else have a problem like this? Reminds me of my dead Epox 8k7A's in the closet... :(

Neptune said:
I've recently run into an issue with my computer built on an IT7-Max2. I came home from work today to find my monitor blinking, and it wouldn't come back - so i reset. Nothing. I shut off the power for a bit, then tried to fire it up - nothing.

After resetting the bios and trying to boot multiple times, it just doesn't go. When i turn on the system, the POST display goes straight to FF, and doesn't go through a sequence. I've tried reseating my cards, mem, etc, unconnecting all my USB devices, etc.... but no go.

Anyone else have a problem like this? Reminds me of my dead Epox 8k7A's in the closet... :(

Yes, I had this same issue with the Version 2 board. It was either an imporperly seated CPU or so it seemed or my monitor was the issue. I've had this happen on both IT7Max V1 and Max2 V2. I unplugged the monitor and all was normal. I suspect the monitor was the cause.

Timster

TIMSTER

Well, I think i lucked out on this one - actually, what seems to have happened was a small amount of ice was forming around the core, and it looks like it dripped a bit - causing a short on the board. I dried off all the wet spots overnight, and fitted an extra neopreme gasket around the vapochill head. So far I'm back up and running.

That was a close call - H20 and electronics generally don't mix too well :)

Neptune said:
Well, I think i lucked out on this one - actually, what seems to have happened was a small amount of ice was forming around the core, and it looks like it dripped a bit - causing a short on the board. I dried off all the wet spots overnight, and fitted an extra neopreme gasket around the vapochill head. So far I'm back up and running.

That was a close call - H20 and electronics generally don't mix too well :)

Excellent dude! Eh, why not make a siggy?

Timster

Back