• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ebay fraud?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

toastedzergling

Okay I found this guy selling an Abit AT7-Max2 board and a Barton XP 3000+ combo on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31496&item=3407051594

Bid starts at $300 and buy it now price is $550.

I did a quick search on pricewatch and found XP3000+ alone sells for $550 and Newegg lists the Abit board for $165.

Not that I am looking for a barton but his auctions are highlighted on ebay, they jump right in front of you.

The guy has 82 feedbacks with only 1 negative, I did a bit more digging and found out all the feedbacks are left within the past 6 months. If you view his other auctions and wow, he is selling a truckload of goodies like Sony celie's, 9700Pro's, Toshiba laptops etc etc.

This reminds a story I read on PC magazine, an ebay powerseller disappeared after collecting over $200,000 from his auctions, the guy was married, owned a brick and mortar shop selling collectable figurines, he started his ebay business several years ago and had thousands of feedbacks. All of a sudden he started to sell really expensive ones, to maximize the profit on the non-existing figurines he even sent e-mails to people who bid on the auction saying the winner backed out, the item is still available, blah blah, you get the picture.

Anyway this looks like a scam to me, what do you guys think?

Just what is it that makes you think this could be fraud? He states that everything would retail for about $900, and has a reserve price set.

Quickly, and almost asleep he's ripped these people for over (didn't include shipping/insurance): $12,534.99 (plus whatever hasn't been listed because of "private" auctions)

Interesting thing is he had Stellar feedback up until Mar-19-03, then things went to the cr@pper for him. Ebay has suspended his account. One of two things happened here, One he is a Troll or two he has an Automatic Auction lister and he has died :rolleyes:

I wouldnt buy from this guy if he was the last guy on earth.

"Complaint : UsedByItNw on 3/15 NO ITEM WON"T RETURN EMAILS FRAUD!!!
Follow-up by n2rw - I feel real bad jumping to conclusions My condolences to his family unbelievable."

Maybe he did die? Still I wouldnt buy from him. The dead aren't trustworthy.
Yeah looks to me like he's dead. Don't buy.

Dead or not, I would still want my $$$ back, or send the item. I can appreciate someone passes, but come on, $500 is still $500.

ToledoSteel said:
Dead or not, I would still want my $$$ back, or send the item. I can appreciate someone passes, but come on, $500 is still $500.

You actually paid this guy?

toastedzergling said:
Okay I found this guy selling an Abit AT7-Max2 board and a Barton XP 3000+ combo on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31496&item=3407051594

Bid starts at $300 and buy it now price is $550.

I did a quick search on pricewatch and found XP3000+ alone sells for $550 and Newegg lists the Abit board for $165.

Not that I am looking for a barton but his auctions are highlighted on ebay, they jump right in front of you.

The guy has 82 feedbacks with only 1 negative, I did a bit more digging and found out all the feedbacks are left within the past 6 months. If you view his other auctions and wow, he is selling a truckload of goodies like Sony celie's, 9700Pro's, Toshiba laptops etc etc.

This reminds a story I read on PC magazine, an ebay powerseller disappeared after collecting over $200,000 from his auctions, the guy was married, owned a brick and mortar shop selling collectable figurines, he started his ebay business several years ago and had thousands of feedbacks. All of a sudden he started to sell really expensive ones, to maximize the profit on the non-existing figurines he even sent e-mails to people who bid on the auction saying the winner backed out, the item is still available, blah blah, you get the picture.

Anyway this looks like a scam to me, what do you guys think?

WoW! That's the dead guy that ripped me off of $275! I bought a Radeon 9700 Pro off him which I never received. I knew the price of the Radeon 9700 Pro $250 was too good to be true. He made up this master plan to rip everyone off, secured the money for his family and then committed suicide. He ripped us off for well over 25k. We called his local police, Pembroke NH, and they said they could not press charges because he is dead. AAAARRRHHHHHH!!!!

Back