• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What are vou Temps on a Abitboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TM

Registered
Hi!

I have a problem. I can't get my CPU temp under 57°C under fulload. What your experiences with an Intel-P4. Since 1 year i use Abitboards and all teh time i get 42°C at idle and 56-59°C at fulload. Now i use an P4-C1 [email protected]@standard-V. I#m unsafe thtat this are normal temps. Other users get temps of 45-48@ fulload.

What is my problem?

My cooling is an Alpha8942 with an 3000RPM-Fan. 3 casefans go in and 2+powersupply blow out.

Thx for help.

Hi TM,

Well one thing is for a sure. A number of people have Abit boards that read too high temperature wise.
Using winbond Hardware doctor is your closest temp but it is still off.
I am running into some of the same issues as you.
Never fear...
A unit such as a Vantec monitoring system would be advisable if you want to to be sure.

Hmm, that's ok. Abit has an external sensor, that you can use, a have on cale for this and use it at the northbridge, there are big differnces in temperature. So i can install this cable on CPU, but are the temps, that i measure rught, or are other temps "in" the cpu?

I think the alpha should be a good cooler for P4, but also with normalspeed the temp. is mx. 56-59°C.

I am curious too as to how much the be7-r is over reading i unclocked mine and idle is 45-47on the cpu but the system is 34-35c I'm using the swiftech 4000 with a tornado 80 mm fan. When i run it at 150 fsb with a 5% volt increase my load temps run in the mid 60's.

i think from all ive read, and seen with my old cpu going to a asus board with the same heat sink, is that the abit boards are about 8-10 c higher than other mobos.

Ok, so i see taht i'm not lonely with this problem. I think at this, that my temps are not so bad.

Thx for your reply.

I've figured out that under idle its between 5-8 C off and under load its 10-15 C off. Just some things I've noticed when playing around with voltages and stuff.

OK, I'm helping my friend. Her ABIT BG7 bios cpu temp is showing 74C!!!! I know the Abit boards can report high temps, but 74C high?

The alarm is going off,and it's continuous beeping. She can boot into windows fine, but the alarm keeps beeping. Any suggestions?? She says all power connectors, PCI slots, and RAM is plugged in tight.

btw, her case temp is at a normal 28C

Maybe she needs to reseat the CPU and heatsink. It sounds like it's not on very well. Make sure the heatsink fan is working too. Did she use arctic silver, or have any kind of thermal paste or tape on it? Did she move her computer around lately? That could have done it.

updates: Yeah,she was moving from her dorm to her house. She says her temps have been around 70C for two months. That's what you happen when you give an overclocked computer to a person who doesn't even know hwo to get into BIOS... :rolleyes:

Anyways,she says the heatsink was loose and her dad screwed it back in. Seems like her temps are still 70C+. I'll be dropping by her house to check it out later

He should have cleaned off the old thermal paste, and applied new paste before he screwed the Heatsink back in. You can check that.

I didn't know how to get into BIOS until a couple months ago, so everyone can learn, *lol*. I don't Overclock either. Don't be too hard on her, just teach her. :)

Back