• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SINXP 1394 boot problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ozzie_no_good

Hello all I am now (happy) owner of a ga sinxp 1394 board but it doesn't boot up.

what it does is al fans are running power led on the board to but no beeps ore no display apears ??? any sugestions ? i don;t see light on keybord flash up

this is what i have installed:

P4 2,4 at 100mhz FSB
hercules ati9700Pro
2x512 ddr crosiar twin pack
2x 80 gig HD maxtor (on ide 3and 4)
the firewire

haven,t installed any cdrom,s ore diskdrivers

am very despered why it doesn's boot

What might be happening is that your Corsair at SPD memory timing settings are too much for the board. First, unplug system, remove the memory, use only one stick of memory, reset CMOS by removing battery for 20 minutes, replace battery, plug in and see if it will boot. If you do boot, then go into your BIOS memory timing settings (ctrl + F1 to bring up advanced chipset settings ) and manually set to 2-2--6. Then power down and use both memory modules for DCDDR and see if you will boot then. If no joy, then You can try 2.5-3-3-6. Never set your DRAM RAS Active Time below 6. At higher DDR speeds you may have to set to 7.

Here is a list of some suggested memory timings halfway down the page: http://www.asusboards.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=370003#post370003

You can also search the forum for Bigtoe's modded Bios. Basically it will manually set looser default memory timings for those times when the board resets it's own CMOS due to too high an OC.

Good luck and post back with your results.

Hi, please take no offense, as I do not know how computer savvy you are, but do you have the ATX 12v (4 wire/pin plug coming out of the power supply) plugged in? My friend bought a P4 system and wasn't aware of this (when P4's first came out) and didn't have a PSU with the ATX 12V and it wouldn't run at all, wouldn't post or anything. You're probably aware of the issue, but then, maybe not. And for sure follow syntax_error's advice. On the SiS655 Giga-byte boards set the RAM timings to Manual, don't let SPD do it.

If all else fails, take the motherboard out of the case and set it on a piece of cardboard. Using only 1 stick of RAM, the CPU and HSF, and a video card, hookup the power connectors and the power switch from you case and try to get it to POST. This eliminates potential grounding issues from the case and conflicts. Sometimes it's the smallest things.

Yo thnx for the responce guys going to try it and going to get anothet ddr memo for the boot and set the timeing manual.

Well, in the interest that others may learn from this or future posts, it is typical to not only tell us that the board works, but what actually solved the issue. We are all slaves to curiosity.

Had no time jet to do a report was testing and tweaking first to get the max out off my proccesor and had no second ddr rimm so.

But I just did buy one and I am very happy about this bord very stable and no really encountered any big problems.

Maybe one last thing I can,t get my soundblaster audigy good installed I can do the driver but when I do a cd instal it wil not work hes say no hardware found. I will solv that one my self I got sound so i am happy hehe

Yo see you peeps all going to do my sig now

1394 reboot

Hey Guys Help me I have my new sinxp1394. I have ddr333. my pc reboot ....... and reboot. yes if you run the 3dmark. reboot. can you guys help

I have it fix

Hey guys.... I have it fix. Ok this is the problem have two stick of memory of 256 ddr pc3000 memory. I have 1 say this is ddr400 memory. in bios. And 1 say this is ddr333 in bios....But both of my sticks say this is ddr pc3000........... Guys you need to look at the memory real good.... If you have reboot problems guys. ......
My memory is ocsystem.com... This memory sucks..... I'm runing 1 stick of ddr400. :(

Well tombo did you do some manual timing on the mem ore not because it helped me out to run the mem without any problems now

Hey ozzie_no_good. do you have dual channel memory.my memory is not dual channel memory. you have to use dual channel memory. for the dual channel to work?

Well i got a twin pack from crosiar so its for dual but you don't need special mem for dual but they have to be the same sa fare as I know

You have put them in the right sockets ??? 1 and 3 ore 2 and 4
otherwise it wil not work

Hey.ozzie_no_good yes 1 and 3 ore 2 and 4. but well not work. I'm runing 1 stick of 256.:( .. but you run both 2 stick 256. in 1 and 2 ore 3 and 4... but the dual channel well say disabled..... can you send me the address the memory you have.:)

Hi guys. I am new to the forumns and am having similar problems. I do have the TWINX1024-3200LL memory. I just got my SINXP1394 in the other day. I've been trying to get her up and running since. I'm afraid I have blown the ram, but not sure atm. I did the usual narrowing down of problems by getting rid of devices. By removing one of my XMS sticks I did get cmos up. I started going into advanced bios to set the memory settings and it froze up on me, and a bunch of random characters came across the top of the screen. Not sure what was going on, I played around with it for a few hours, checking the processor and the like. I switched out ram sticks, got the bios up, and after a short period it froze up again. Now I"m getting no display, or beep from my mobo at anytime. Doesn't sound good :(. Any suggestions?

Well did you change your memo time settings ???

If you get into the bios you press ctrl F1 for opening extra menu's
then change the timeings to 3-7-3-3 so you know for sure you can boot ect ect

Iff you dont get into the bios because he will not boot then use a memo stick of you friend and boot with a other stick I have second extre memo stick just for booting and adjusting the memo timings i tweaked to good hehe

Yes I had been trying to set memory settings but I couldn't keep cmos stable for more than a couple of seconds. After awhile I just couldn't get cmos to boot up at all. After a day of switching ram in and out and trying to make my way speedily to the memory timing settings I was able to make some changes which has solved the problem. Thanks for the tips. The default setting in bios were auto on the cas latency and 6 3 3. I turned off the auto on CAS latency and put it on 2.5 and that worked. Now i'm just playing around getting everything up and running and then I get to fool around with oc. Thanks again for the response. Hope this helps.

What bios do you use i have got the f5 modded bios which i very like because of the high cpu vcore i can set max to 1.85v. And you can a just the other settings dimm and agp voltage

Back