• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

POST problem, plz help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Renigade

Im building my friends computer and its always going fine until you boot it up ; ). When I give the power supply power, the computer it POSTs up for a couple seconds and shuts back down. I dont have to hit the power button. The interesting thing is that If I hit restart every second, the computer stays up as long as it doesnt reach the (3?) second mark. Im running a P4 2.4 on P4T533-C w/ RDRAM. The RAM is installed correctly. If I install the reset button in the power button's jumper spot, it will turn on just fine but I get no video signal and the HD doesnt spool up. The ironic/insulting thing about it is that someone once brought me their computer because it was doing the same thing and I fixed it and I cant now. Any help would be great.

Sounds like something that happened to my friend when he first put together a P4 system. His problem was no ATX 12v connector to plug in. Push power button, things turn on briefly then off.

My ghetto fabulous solution: unplug power button jumper, plug reset jumper in power jumpers position. Your reset button is your power on/off and your power button is decoration. Sounds ghetto, but yes, the power button jumper was the culprit here.

1.verify that all pwr connectors are in and tight. 2 get a volt meter and make sure the you have a grd on the power cord( a voltage potential or raw 110 feeding from the grd to the ps can cause havoc.3 check ps in a known good system. 4. check mb in a known good system. Hopefully you will find the culprit in one of those steps. goodluck...... flapperhead

Back