• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4g8x Dual Channel questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AZN

AznSniper
for this board to work do u need 2 pairs like RD? dual channels i know but i gotta ask.

i want 1gb of ram but can only afford 2x256 at the moment. so can i either do 2x256 now, and add another 2x256 later to make 4x256?

does this board need all 4 slot full to work like rambus? do they use terminators / crimms to?

should i go for 4x256 or when i have the money just sell the 2x256 and get 2x512?

whats is the max FSB this board will got? is it 200?

I assume it has 1:1 and 3:4 ratios for ram right? does it have 4:5?

AZN

Last edited:
to enable the dual channel, you need to have the mem in the first 2 slots, i think a1 and a2, and then there is b1 and b2, im not sure which is which, but i know you need to have the mem in the first 2 slots for the dual. it is not like RDRAM, you just need 2 sticks for dual ddr. i have heard great things about samsung mem, and thats why i am gonna go with it, as stated in the other thread, case the price is right, or you could go with the full 1 mb, and still be at $158. its not the fast cas 2 mem that everyone else is running, but its fast, and will run at cas 2. actually you need a special bios for this board, cause when you run anything over 145fsb, it defaults the mem to cas 2.5. it is an awesome board, and right now, bignuttz is running his 2x256 sticks of sammy 3200 @190fsb, and scoring mad numbers in sandra, like 4500+. gotta love the dual channel.;)

200fsb on asus bios, 400fsb on hacked bios:eek:

Last edited:
sounds good where can i get teh bios? cuzz i think my chip will do 400fsb right now;)
by any chance do u knwo the rest of my questions?

AZN

i think the only one i didnt answer is the ratio one, and i dont think it has ratios, but im not 100% sure. all i know is if you were running your chip at 180fsb+, you mem bandwidth will be crushin. bignuttz has the bios, and i think he searched for it here.;)

for this board to work do u need 2 pairs like RD? dual channels i know but i gotta ask.
In order to use the dual channel you do have to install in pairs.
does this board need all 4 slot full to work like rambus? do they use terminators / crimms to?
You can use either pair of the 4 slots (0/1 or 2/3). I am currently running mine in the second pair of slots just to move them away from the cpu a little more. Sandra Bandwidth 185fsb
should i go for 4x256 or when i have the money just sell the 2x256 and get 2x512?
Take your choice. Both will work fine. You may get a little better performance with 2X512 but you most likely would not notice it in anything but some benches.
whats is the max FSB this board will got? is it 200?
400fsb in the BIOS and you do not have to have the tweaked (hacked) Bios version. You will need the Tweaked BIOS or wpcredit/wpcrset to manage the memory timings. The board will default to 2.5-3-3-7 over 140fsb regardless of what you set it to in the BIOS.
I assume it has 1:1 and 3:4 ratios for ram right? does it have 4:5?
The board only has 1:1 dual channel. It does not support any other ratios.

Couple of links below that a packed with tweaks and info: :)

BigToe's P4G8X Link

Long read but lots of info here

Back