• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IT7 IDE3 does not recognize a Zip Drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Barryng

I just upgraded an Abit TH7II RAID to an ABIT IT7-Max2-Rev2 RAID. My HDDs are connected to IDE1 and the CDROM/DVDs are connected to IDE2. I Have in internal IDE Zip Drive. Since I do not use a RAID array I have it connected to IDE 3 with the Highpoint controller enabled in the bios. This arrangement worked fine on the TH7II. Now, with the IT7, the Highpoint controller just will not recognize the Zip Drive. The only real difference between the TH7II and the IT7 is that the Highpoint controller also handles the (unused) Serial ATA ports. I do have the latest version (HPT 374 BIOS Version 1.22) and I confirmed that the Zip drive does have power. Any suggestion will be welcome as the Zip drive is regularly used to back up certain vital data every day.

Back