• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4t533 questiom???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Big Nuttz said:
is it stable at the same fsb as before??

As before?

I used to run the system that is still in my sig... that was at 133Mhz FSB. Since that FSB is the stock speed of the 3.06Ghz which I now run, so yes it's stable.

I haven't overclocked yet because I am hacking up my ATC201 to accomodate the new watercooling equipment. Only some filing action and maybe some creative bolting or riveting remains now. Once installed, I'll be going North again. :)

Come to think of it. This has been discussed over at Asusboards, but maybe not here: my initial P4T533 27xxx serial number (very early board) ran the 2.0A B0 fine, but failed to run the 3.06Ghz stably unless at 100Mhz FSB. Now I exchanged the board and got a 2Axxx SN board in return which has some minor changes. Only this board runs stable. Sorry not to mention this before, I honestly pretty much forgot about the exchange since it was such a painless swap.

So, JD, if your board is an early SN- it's pretty much established that these are flaky, especially with newer, more powerful chips.

JD you quitter! ;)

I'll be doing some stresstesting on my own P4T533 soon. I just rigged up the whole watercooling system inside the ATC201, so if I don't have trouble with leaking I'll be up and running fully cooled within days. :]

FIZZ3 said:
JD you quitter! ;)

I'll be doing some stresstesting on my own P4T533 soon. I just rigged up the whole watercooling system inside the ATC201, so if I don't have trouble with leaking I'll be up and running fully cooled within days. :]
FIZZ, i absolutely hate this board, its the worst thing asus ever put out. it had good intentions, but it needed more work before it was released.:mad:

jdmcnudgent said:
FIZZ, i absolutely hate this board, its the worst thing asus ever put out. it had good intentions, but it needed more work before it was released.:mad:

It has it's quirks, yeah. What are your temperatures like on this board (cpu&nb)?

My damn northbridge keeps heating up to 29C... and it's not even summer yet.

Anyway the whole cooling thing is ready and altough I'm not extremely happy with the readouts I'll be doing that overclocking soon enough.

FIZZ3 said:

It has it's quirks, yeah. What are your temperatures like on this board (cpu&nb)?

My damn northbridge keeps heating up to 29C... and it's not even summer yet.

Anyway the whole cooling thing is ready and altough I'm not extremely happy with the readouts I'll be doing that overclocking soon enough.
sys temp was about 27' and full load cpu temp was about 30'

i now have the p4G8X, and the cpu temp is now 37' at full load, and my 12volt line is down to 11.80volts, it stayed over 12.00 volts at full load on my other board.:(

jdmcnudgent said:
sys temp was about 27' and full load cpu temp was about 30'

i now have the p4G8X, and the cpu temp is now 37' at full load, and my 12volt line is down to 11.80volts, it stayed over 12.00 volts at full load on my other board.:(

I find it hard to believe that a board change could effect such a large difference in actual temperature on the CPU. It must be a readout thing.

As for voltages- the P4T533 has always shown the weirdest things for me, such as 11.25v +12v under load. It's also 1.62v idle with a default vcore of 1.55v, drops under load to 1.55-1.54v. Weirdness, but it's uncertain how much of this is simply sensor error. In any case it runs stable. That's what counts.

Back