• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IT7 resuming from standby S3 state in winxp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gespunkt

I've just started putting my system into standby mode from winxp to save some electricity. First thing I noticed was that the CPU fan was still running in standby mode.

Did some checking, realized I had to set the BIOS to S3 standby state (from S1). I also enabled the option to resume from USB keyboard.

Rebooted back into winxp, then told the system to go to sleep. Voila, everything works as planned, with cpu fan shutting off.

BUT, now I can't resume the system from the keyboard (nor from the mouse, but that never worked anyways). I guess they really try to save electricity by cutting off power to the USB keyboard and mouse, even though I had that option enabled in BIOS.

Resuming by hitting the power button works fine though, so it's not a big problem. But I was just wondering if anyone else noticed this and found a better solution? Or perhaps why that usb keyboard resume option in BIOS doesn't work as advertised? btw, I believe I've got the latest bios...

Back