• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

good williamette board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

emericanchaos

my girlfriend had a computer built for her by her friend's dad. at the time he wasn't as knowledgeable as he is now and he ended up building her a williamette machine on a budget instead of an AMD or northwood.

the board she has uses SD not even DDR. i was wondering if you guys could point me to a williamette board that uses DDR. i'm priceing an upgrade and i want to see if it's worth keeping the willy in there.

get a nice gigabyte PE667 cheap, stable, and uses DDR ( pc 2700 DDR 333) only reason im recomending it, is because i have 2 of the same board, and they work great! no problems what so ever. ( tho to run DDR 333 youd need a cpu with a 533 mhz FSB, but if not, you will run at DDR 266 pc 2100 )

raven

If this is a socket 478 system, then a new DDR mobo (like Abit BE7 or BH7) will really help memory performance and allow overclocking, PLUS it'll allow an upgrade path to a new Northwood P-4 CPU later. If this is a socket 423 system, then don't waste your time.

Back